so I got the pills what do I do now?

Posted , 10 users are following.

So the only info I was given was to follow low fat low cal diet? How do I work out how much fat is in food? What do I eat if I want to eat out? Today's my second day on the pills and I want to cook fish for tea but the dish has a little cheese on top is this gonba send me off to the land of orange? Can I have a small amount of cheese - how much is a small amount? 30gram 20gram, can I have a treat ever - chocolate? Should I follow a plan or make it up as I go along? I need food that the whole family can eat, all suggestions great fully received x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

NO chocolate NO cheese at all!!!!!

U have to read every packet, tin and box and make sure in fat is no more than 5g of fat per 100g. 

It's a very low fat diet VERY! No biscuits no butter, no crisp nothing!! If u want a treat have jelly sweets or marshmallows. But don't over do it as that will effect your weight loss due to the calories. 

Download the app my fitness pal that will tell you the fat content of everything. 

When I ate out I usually had chicken but no sauce and made sure it was grilled or lean meat but check it's not cooked in a gallon of oil. New or jacket potatoe no butter or a boring salad. It is hard work the tablets are not magic you have to do all the hard work. Good luck. smile

• Posted

Don't put too much pressure on your self, I have a young family as was worried I would be ending up eating a different meal to them all the time but thankfully I was wrong, there are some little things which they can have but I can't like cheese etc but as it not much I don't feel I'm missing out. Lucky enough my daughter is a lazy eater so is happy eating chicken/turkey/fish every night and happy is just thankful he had dinner lol not really he is following the diet with me without even knowing! I have been on the tablets for about 10 days now and lucky enough have not had any side effects, I know I have lost some weight prob just the excess weather to start with as I notice my shoes are not as tight. Thankfully we love spices and things like sweet chilli sauce which is very very low fat and also weight watchers do some very low fat salad dressing so that's good for me as I'm not really a salad person but these things make it easier to stomach... 

I did at first start using my fitness pal which I thought was good until I found Nutracheck app, they give you a 7 day free trail then it's £3.99 a month but it's great for me as you can scan the item of type it in and it will give you the calorie and fat count plus also helps you keep a daily track, it is very similar I just found that this app was much better for me as going round the supermarket I could scan the barcode on my phone knowing I was allowed it.

I must say these tablets are defo a lifestyle change and you mentally have to be ready which I turkey am now as normally diets never last longer than a few days but with the support and insight I've had on here I know I can do it and I'm sure you can too. I have a very sweet tooth and would have done anything the other night for chocolate but I didn't I just made a jam sandwich with brown bread no butter and strawberry jam all very low fat and that helped with my sweet tooth.

There is a lady on here called Britney she has a blog and she has done really well and reading her blog really helped me.

Sorry it's so long but good luck and let me know how you get on.

Michele x

• Posted

Thanks for the advice guys, and good luck to you on your plan. I've gotta long way to go but hopefully these pills will help keep me on the plan. Like many I've yo-yo for a long time. This is me changing my life for the better as you all have done, n I'm so scared of the orange I'm really behaving.

How would I get to read Britney's blog?

I know I'm only 2 days on the pills but I feel like I am not so bloated already, I also feel like I have a different attitude towards losing weight - this time its gonna work.

It's a real shame that the pills dont come with some ideas for meals even if they gave you a week's plan that would get you started off n I think you'd feel more confident. X

• Posted

Hi Britney,

Yes please,

I've read loads of these blogs on here and they're praising your blog. You've done amazing in such a short time.

I'm unable to exercise properly as I'm in need of hip replacement but I dont want to have the op till I drop some weight -so I imagine this will hinder my weight loss.

Thank you

Wobbly1 xx

• Posted

Hi, can you send me a link to your blog aswell please? Just been prescribed or list at & going to start in a week just to prepare my head!! Lol!! Thanks!!
  • Posted

Hi

I started on these about 2 weeks ago and was very worried about mishaps but I haven't had any! I love food especially crisps and have missed them but found you can eat salt and vinegar snack-a-jacks. I still cook the same for my family but obviosly dont put cheese on my jacket potatoes but have found avery low fat cottage cheese. I also follow a lot of slimming world recipes and we had a keema curry last night made with lean mince, have a look on line for their recipes. I have found this site very useful as it seems everyone is in it together and very helpful and encouraging. Good luck x

• Posted

Hi, I'm about to start these pills too, tho I'm waiting for days off before I start just to see how I take to them, after reading a lot of posts. Thinking I may struggle a bit, no chocolate, crisps ect, I cud prob manage...just. But jo cheese 😳😳😳

anyway, I too cud do with some tips on what kind of things to cook,

britneyspears cud u send me link to ur blog too, 

thanks and and fingers crossed

• Posted

Hi Welshlad,

There is nothing to worry about. I would suggest eating as though you are on the tablets 48/72 hours before you take tham as you may have high fat left in your system. It isn't all salad leaves there is lots you can eat more than you would imagine. I used to love Cheese it was my downfall but believe me you won't miss it soon i will PM my blog to you and Good Luck

Britney

X

• Posted

I have done the diet for a week before starting the tablets to really ensure there's no unwanted excess fat around (& believe me there's a lot wink!!) I started the tablets on Friday, like you so I had the weekend at home for those "just in case" moments & I've not had any issues - thank god!!) I think I have lost some weight just doing the low fat on it's own! I weighed myself on Monday at Boots, however, annoyingly, I've lost the slip of paper (mad) & when I went to the docs on Friday, the dr who gave me the prescription didn't record the weight from the prev week! So today I have bought a rather snazzy set of scales, I'm not going to be obssessive with them, but I do want them there for that odd boost to say, "hey, look you are loosing weight" and that I am heading in the right direction!!  Preperation is the key aswell to the diet, where food's concerned, always have a few of those instant things for lunch (mug shots, cous cous etc...) yes they are packet stuff but they're REALLY handy for those nights you come home & think oh I can't be bothered to make my lunch tomorrow / tea tonight! Good luck, you'll be fine!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.