So I just had a colonoscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey just had a colonoscopy without sedation and guess what it was nowhere near as bad as I had imagined the only pain I felt was towards the end when he got to the end of my colon apart from that it was over very quickly with no pain.

few questions though

1.at one point I thought I had seen a lump in my colon but the doctor doing it or the nurse after didn't mention it.so if it was a lump would they of said they found one ?

2.diagnosis and procedure (on blue letter they give you upon discharge) it says the colon to the extent of the examination was normal is that good! .

3. In the picture I uploaded does it all look okay is it good news lol?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't think any one but a doctor could confirm - but try not to worry - make an appointment to see your GP Write all your questions down as it's easily to get nervous. My doctor that did mine said he would see us in a week or do to talk everything over (although not got appointment yet) as a standard procedure I think a sample is sent for culture (I understand that takes a week)

So Make an appointment to see your GP but main thing don't worry and take care

• Posted

Hey Irene thanks for the reply smile

the he nurse seemed happy so I'm sure it was all okay as if they had found a lump,a polyp etc. I think they would of mentioned it ?

• Posted

I was told samples tAke between 4/6 weeks 
    • Posted

A quick reply during mine he found 3 "haemorrhoids" these wee then @banded" which which I understand cuts off the circulation to them therefore @killing@ them

So if there was anything in yours I'm sure they would have told you and completed whatever was needed

But have a chat with GO to reassure yourself x

• Posted

Really see I have 3-5 lumps which drop out my recutum whilst having a bowel movement and the Dr didn't even mention if I had hemmorids even though I have a bunch of them.

will make an appointment with my GP on Monday. Will he know anything about my colonoscopy though is my only concern or do I need to see someone at my hospital for more information 

• Posted

Whatever was found - the information will be forwarded to your GP Bit your GP may not have received the results

But make a list of all these concerns and ask them one by one

And if he has not received them ask ur GP to phone you when he has

Also ask will there be a follow up appointment with your a Hospital doctor. Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.