So I’m confused

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I went to see my doctor yesterday morning  because I was at my wits end with this discomfort. I got advice from someone on here to apply baby powder to my anus to kill eggs and stop itching. I did that the day before my appointment and it helped. 

The powder definitely helps with the itching/tingling. It gives me pretty much Instant and long lasting relief.  When I showed the doctor some photographs of minuscule white fibres I find occasionally by my back passage she told me they were not worms and seemed certain with this conclusion. I have also showed my mother, with 3 children she would know what threadworms look like and also reassured me that they are not worms. I am inclined to believe them as they do not resemble the google representation of what worms are known to look like and the discomfort is present during the day and barely noticeable at night if present at all, and does not occur in a cycle. I have been taking Ovex like sweets over the last few months, following the strict hygiene recommendations, to no avail as I was still itching up until the BP recommendation. I am still paranoid. I felt a sense of relief following the appointment because the BP has pretty much eliminated that irritating feeling (for now) but I’m so far gone now that I feel my brain is fixed in this state of putting any discomfort back there down to worms that it’s still making me low, I did a Bowel movement earlier in the day and tore myself up in the process, so now it stings and burns and I can feel a slight throbbing, the BP does help, and I know it’s just another anal fissure but my mind is getting me in a state. I applied more BP and behold another tiny tiny white fibre. You can barely see them, they’re pretty much invisible if the angle isn’t perfect, so unless this is a new breed of evolved TW I have no clue what they are...As they do not wriggle. If not worms What is it that I am seeing? I am at a loss.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

They’re probably skin from your anus ( not that disgusting) from all the whiping and scratching or showering .
  • Posted

I agree with jessica that it is probably skin. There are lots of things that can cause a little itch or tickle that most people would just ignore, the problem is once you have had thread worms or got the idea in your head it makes it a whole lot worse bit like if you think about head lice it makes you scratch you head. Also the more you wash scrub/ scratch etc the more itchy or sore you will get. you will know a worm if you see one and lave on close expection, eggs no. i find it very hard to believe you could have it and not actually see one i know people say some people have it and dont even know but in the case of someone who is paranoid and looking for any sign etc you would have come across one by now. Try to get the idea of worms out of your head this is what is probably making your condition worse you can overcome it!
    • Posted

Yes I agree. The day I stopped showering my butt as much it majorly decreased itching. I have also convinced myself that I don’t have pinworms or if I do they’ll die anyways and now I don’t get itchy atall. Sometimes at night but VERY slightly . However I am panicking as my nose is very itchy and I blowed my nose and this long wormlike thing that was card to cut in half came out. It was like 12 mm.
    • Posted

Also if theres barely no itching at night but a lot during the day then it’s not pinworms . They only come out at night or after 6-9pm. 
  • Posted

Thank you so much ladies, I have resided myself to the fact that I’ll get fissures on and off all my life, suffered with constipation for years, and fissures itch all the time with no time restrictions. I’ve always thought it was weird that no one else was itching, and that I could sleep at night but these forums can get you into a state. I’m just going to try and put threadworms out of my mind unless I see something writhing because otherwise I’ll send myself insane. I’ll apply baby powder to my anus everyday for the rest of my life if I need to just want to forget about this, baby powder is working, ovex isn’t so worms are very unlikely at this point. 
  • Posted

Im glad we was helpful, it really is awful what it does to you. i know i went through 3 months of hell last year i wasnt myself lost loads of weight didnt want to wake up in the morning it sounds over the top but it was the worst time of my life my friends and family said i was like a zombie looked threatful all the time this was like me without blowing my own trumpet im a bubbly person but gradually i got back to normal but i will always be very aware of it. As for the things in nose jessica i think its just made you paranoid like it did me but it is probably dried skin maybe the worm like resemblence has something to do with hairs in the nose.
    • Posted

I should have read first before sending so please excuse my terrible grammar🙈 and i ment it wasnt like me as was always bubbly or so im told😂 i went on this site when i was in a state last year hoping it would make me feel better but most of the things i read made me feel worse. I was going to come off but then i read peoples posts who were in the same state and now I feel i have to stay on so i can give any reasurence to those who are stuggling with this, and just hope that it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.