So it feels like my hearts just going to give out on me

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay, So as of 2 weeks ago after a long day of work i tried to go to sleep and randomly it felt like my heart was about to stop. So naturally i started breathing heavily but that didn't really help. I had shortness of breath and all the crazy thoughts that come a long with the thought of dying. I went to the hospital multiple times trying to figure out what was up with me. They ran multiple tests and told me that it could possibly be anxiety do to all the tests and xrays coming back negative. i'm just curious if anyone has any helpful advice to help me cope or shed some light on whats going on,.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had anxiety since I was 14 and I understand how you feel. I was tested for health problems too and then diagnosed with anxiety. Have you gone to a therapist? That helps a lot and they can give you medication for it if it's really bad. And if he therapist you have isn't working for you change therapist. That helped me alot

• Posted

You have a condition called Anxiety, You are not dying or any other problem associated with death.

You could try Breathing Exercises, or Relaxation Techniques Mindfulness is recommended by GPs etc, you will find books on Amazon.

BOB

• Posted

Its a common case of panic attacks and anxiety. The thing to understand is that panic attacks are not dangerous.it feels as though yr going to have a heart attack and then your breathing gets faster yr hands get clammy and then you get very lightheaded and start pacing around the house like a headless chicken.am i sort of right here? I too started off like that and its so scary and nobody who hasnt had it will not understand. Try to not think about it to much. Distraction is the key..a panic attack is a fear of fear.a fear of having another panic attack.and the anxiety that comes with it is horrible..
    • Posted

Yeah it happens at random times throughout the day and I try to keep my mind accupied but its always in the back of my mind you know?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.