so many Afib episodes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All 

I am new to the forum but read other people, I have had Afib for 20 or so years and could live with the Attacks now and then mostly when i woke up from a dream i was in Afib it would last for 45mins to 2 hours, but over the last month or so ive been getting a strange heart beat when i lay down but as soon as i get up it goes away, but over the last few weeks ive been having heart flutters on every 1-2 beats thus sending my heart into Afib 20-30 times a day some last 2 mins some lasting 10 mins or so as you can imagine this is Horrible, Ive been like this since saturday, ive have few hours rest now and then but it comes back without warning its driving me insane and feeling very down

I am under a cardiologist at manchester Royal Hospital and on the waiting list for a Abilation ive been waiting nearly a year and i find that Ridiculous as i think i sould have had it long ago, ive visited the doctor who all so thinks its Ridiculous, Ive Emailed and phoned to get my ablation brought forward as a priority, I am on 10ml of Bisoprolol and 50ml of Flecainide twice a day, I just feel nobody in the medical field really cares, not sure what to do next :-( I am 46

steven

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel so sad for you Steven...suffering these horrible symptoms so long and at such a young age.  Those of us on this Forum all know well how awful and depressing this condition can be and can sympathise  (I had all of these symptoms and was passing out till I was given Flecainide 15 months ago - fine now).  I wish you luck and hope something is done soon to help you cope until you get your Ablation.

Jessie 

P.S. Most of us end up in A&E...you might get attention there if you are desperate 

• Posted

Get back on to the hospital Steven and be a pain plague them costantly you will get somethng done , I had the same problem until I started jumping up and down and not leaving them alone , then they got me in and sorted , Mine came back after 5 years and I had to have another in sept 2014. and A&E is another option where they can push the opp forward its worth a try.  But please dont feel alone we are all here to support and help you through this even if its only chatting,

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hiya Jessie and Anna thank you very much for the support, I was about to go to the hospital today Friday but got in bed last night and lay down and it all stopped had a good night's sleep and been OK since ☺ I know it's there lerking in the back ground but just enjoying the rest from it 6 days of none stop palpitations and burst of afib was killing me, I have been onto them a lot lately even emailed the cardioagist I think it wil be soon now as they now know it's getting a lot worse fingers crossed 😀
    • Posted

That's great news Steven.... it's good you areable to sleep again, can definately cope better.  Hopefully you'll get a date soon for your Ablation and afterwards will be able to put this behind you finally and get on with the rest of your life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.