So many home remedies but nothing works

Posted , 1 user is following.

I never use forums. I think this is the first I've ever posted to one. I've been reading everyone's posts for a while now, on here. It is helping with coping but it's still a lot to handle.

I've had this bartholin cyst for about a year, previously was the size of a mini m&m but since I got covid(october 23?), has grown to the size of a small grape. Not painful, just uncomfortable and embarrassing to have sex. I've explained it to my boyfriend, he seems understanding and non-judgemental but I'm not feeling super confident with my body since it's grown.

I've tried so many home remedies already and obviously the doctor is saying he doesn't want to operate or drain it since it's not painful.

I've tried:

• turmeric and coconut oil, then the baking soda and salt. That has def irritated my skin, not really any changed to my cyst.
  • tea tree oil, dries the skin out but not the liquid in the cyst.
  • sitz baths, with epsom salts. soothing for sure, but no drainage of cyst.
  • Traditional Chinese Medicine, i have a practitioner I had one appointment with, Im going to continue. No relief yet, but i'll do more sessions with her.
  • naturopath appointment on monday after my TCM appointment.
  • warm compress with witch hazel, camomile tea, and tea tree oil.
  • phoebes method felt like it burned my skin but maybe because i used in conjunction with the turmeric and other pastes.
  • bought prid, should deliver soon.
  • taking vitamin c, probiotics, cranberry
  • was taking turmeric but my TCM practitioner said to stop.
  • I'm now changing my diet to mostly veggies, drinking tons of water and going to start up yoga again.
  • now dry brushing to help drain my lymphatic system.

I'll let you guys know what works for me. It's like this thing has moved in. It's now November 11th, it feels like there's a pretty thick skin over it, and i have a overwhelming urge to pop with a needle but im also scared it will lead to infection. i guess ill just continue doing what i can, seeing if it will go down.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I went to see a naturopath and she recommended taking silica or silicea. I will update how that is working. I also got earth mamas diaper balm and sitz bath soak to soothe it. You can find all these at natural health stores. I ordered online but also just dropped by goodness me (Canada) and they had everything. I'll update in a few days. It seems like it is going down slightly from my photos. I've been taking photos throughout this whole journey, hahah so HOPEFULLY by the grace of god this thing goes away!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.