So many signs... No diagnosis..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since March 17th I noticed a lump in my neck on the right, as well as a lump I my right breast. I have fluid like fullness that has gotten worse over time and my well controlled asthma has inflamed. I am so exhausted but yet can't sleep. I wake up with sweaty, toss and turn. My CBC is within normal range, but since this have increase in my WBC and pallet could each time. My WBC is 9 and pallet is 376. I have low vitamin D. They have done CT and MRI of my thoracic spine but no answers. I have been in 2 antibiotics and prednisone since last Monday with no changes. I had one beer last night and it made my lymph nodes throb and I got hott and blotchy.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Trina, revisit your doctor tell them you want further investigation carried out, is it lymphoma you are worried about? Or something else. The only way to fully determine this condition is through I biopsy. I wouldn't stop pushing your doctor until you get a definitive answer. They tend to brush you off if they cannot find an 'obvious' cause. I hope this is somewhat of a help for you. Obviously I cannot give you an answers myself, I am currently going through some problems with my lymph nodes myself. I hope you can get to the bottom of it all. Sorry i couldnt have been anymore help

Emma.

• Posted

Yes. I have had mono growing up allot, but otherwise healthy. I find it odd that there is no pain what so ever until I drank 1 beer. I have asked for a biopsy to insure but my primary thinks I'm overreacting. You can see the node by just looking at my neck and my body says otherwise. I finally switched primary, he put me on the antibiotics and follow up with him Wednesday. You would think they would be on top of this stuff by ruling out lymphoma. I am sorry you are having similar issues, are they figuring it out?

• Posted

Yes. I have had mono growing up allot, but otherwise healthy. I find it odd that there is no pain what so ever until I drank 1 beer. I have asked for a biopsy to insure but my primary thinks I'm overreacting. You can see the node by just looking at my neck and my body says otherwise. I finally switched primary, he put me on the antibiotics and follow up with him Wednesday. You would think they would be on top of this stuff by ruling out lymphoma. I am sorry you are having similar issues, are they figuring it out?

• Posted

Trina, you don't mention your age; are you perhaps experiencing pre-menopause? That would explain the fullness and the sweaty nights. If you have a breast lump, that should be reported to your gynecologist NOW and investigated, tho it's most likely just a cyst. CT and MRI of thorax would rule out a distant possibility of Hodgkin's, so I'm afraid you'll just have to stick with the continued testing till they come up with a diagnosis! I know that's not what you want to hear, but the doctor, not the Internet, is where you will find your answer eventually.

I don't understand about the increase in "pallet" do you perhaps mean platelets? If so, 376 is perfectly normal range, and so is WBC of 9. Nothing to worry about there.

I wish you well in your search for health!

• Posted

I am 23 years old from the UK and for the past 6 months have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and above my collar bone they aren't visible and are small marble sized. I'm unsure to weather they've grown over this period if they have only a small amount. I am currently suffering from really bad fatigue. No night sweats Or weight loss but not everyone with the disease gets these 'B' symtoms as doctors refer them to. I have no infections or havent in the last 6 months that could explain my swollen lymph nodes so lymphoma is really playing on my mind. I've just had a blood test done (which wouldn't show lymphoma anyway) and am seeing my GP this week and DEMANDING a referral.

Trina, please try and push for further investigation to be carried out don't quit til you get your answers. Push for a biopsy I know a CT is all well and good but only a biopsy will give you a proper answer. Either way let you health practioner know you want answers and they cant keep fobbing you off. Did they mention there next steps? I hope you manage to get somewhere you really have to almost harras doctors til they listen to you

Good luck Emma.

• Posted

Hello Trina, reading your symptoms was like reading my own. I had some lumps in my neck, and one on the side of my face near my earlobe.

Initially a GP told me it was probably a gland, due to a dental problem.

Symptoms continued after an appointment with a dentist which granted a clean bill of dental health.

I had heaps of blood  work done all ok.

Saw another GP for a second opinion, he asked how long I had the problem. When I told him it was 8 months since I first consulted a doctor, he was amazed saying that he would have observed the condition for 2-3 weeks before going further. 

His next step was to refer me for a Fine Needle Biopsy which confirmed that, what was supposed to be a gland, was infact Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Further tests and a CT Scan revealed a 4cm mass in my upper abdomen and a 5cm one in my chest cavity.

Since that day in 1994, I have had multiple recurrences, exceded my Chemotherapy quota, had a Bone Marrow Transplant, heart reconstruction surgery and Radiotherapy. I believe I am well beyond my "shelf life" or "Use by Date" but hey I am still waking up in the mornings.

Trina, if you are having trouble getting results, follow Emma's advice and be ascertive with your doctor, try getting to see a Haemotologist or at least an Oncologist and follow on from there. I am sure that answers to many of your unanswered questions will at least lower your stress levels and that has to be a start.

Good luck, ask heaps of questions and remember to stay positive.

Regards, JohnEdna.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.