so many symptoms, no answers

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

My name is Gabriella, 26 yrs old. I am reverting to the internet out of desperation. I have have been having a lot of health issues over the years that have been increasingly worse and I repeatedly get dismissed by doctors with the "you're too young and healthy" or "it is anxiety" (the go-to) as responses to my concerns.

Here's the scoop:

I was perfectly healthy, never having to go to the doctors until after I was on Depo-Provera for birth control. I am not stating it is the cause, but my health has been out of whack ever since.

Current concerns: I have extreme distention from right below my naval into my pubic region; I have sharp pains in my lower right abdomen that occasionally radiates across and down to my pubic area; there is no association with my menstrual period, the pain occurs randomly and often; recently, I began having increased urge and frequency of urination. I initially thought it was discharge (it's clear and watery) and got tested for STDs (even though I have been with the same and only man for over a year). Basically, it is as if I am peeing myself. The amount has increased over the past 2 months and it isn't like I have a bladder full of urine either. pregnancy, STD, and PAP tests: negative; pap (normal) (side note: I have had pap tests come back abnormal and another as high risk hpv, last one was normal--talk about mental angst). Also, the past month, developed bad indigestion that happens ALL THE TIME.

The Start: I only took 2 doses/shots of depo (12/2011 was my last shot taken) because I started to get hypopigmented circular lesions accompanied with epidermoid cysts all over my trunk (mainly chest/breast area); the doctor told me BC didn't cause my skin issues and that the cysts would go away on their own. Another doctor accused me of burning myself and otherwise causing the lesions. In 2012 I had an excruiating ruptured ovarian cyst. in 2014, another ruptured cyst. I continued to get more smaller cysts per ultrasound. Also had a stint of hydrosalpinx. My lower abd/pelvic area began to bulge out slightly. 2015 I had an investigative laparoscopy where the doc removed scar tissue from my anterior pelvic wall (I assume from the ruptured cysts). the bulging of my belly continued to get worse and the sharp pains started and became more frequent.

Recent doc visits, they took the GI route of being cause. Got tested for Celiac's, Ova/parasites, gall bladder ultrasound; all negative as I thought it would be. The current doc I see insisted on my issues being due to gas after I repeatedly said my bowel movements are normal and I'm not having any excess gas; also said it was stress and anxiety. I get dismissed when I say these health concerns have been the CAUSE of the majority of my stress and anxiety.

YES, I have a Hx of dession, diagnosed with ADD, and recovering alcoholic; avid exerciser, eat healthy, no drugs, only med I take is Strattera

Attached are pictures of my stomach. THIS IS NOT MY NORM, fyi. the one picture, some lesions can be seen

imageimageimage

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You know your own body. If your symptoms began after depo Provera; it is a likely cause. These medications can cause problems. Doctors never like to admit to medication side effects because they get paid for these drugs. I would see a different doctor.

• Posted

found a NP who actually sat and listened to me and not ask a million questions in regards to my mental health (as per MDs) but rather the actual symptoms. did simple routine tests and is getting my on track with a good obgyn

• Posted

I would come off the Depo Provera. Tell your obgyn that you are not happy being on it.

• Posted

Hi gmb48536

Check your information leaflet that comes with your medication for ADD..side effects include rash and abdominal/stomach problems.

• Posted

I think reply was moderated because i mentioned the name of your medication beginning with 'Str'...

• Posted

You have too many problems for any one doctor to solve. Your best bet would be to find a rehab facility that can put you back on the right path.

• Posted

rehab facility for...? it does sat in my post "recovering" alcoholic. 1 year and 18 days. thanks for the suggestion.

• Posted

Rehab was meant for your other problems that nobody seems to solve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.