So Miserable

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 34 year old mother of three young children. I recently started suffering from sciatica about two months ago. I had a MRI and the doctors told me I had a pretty bad herniated disk. I took the shot in my back about 5weeks ago because the pain was so horrible. I couldnt walk, eat or take care of my children. I had to quit my job because I couldnt lift, bend. The shot worked, my pain decreased about 70%. I still had numbness but aleast I could take care of my children. Oh, and I stopped every medication, muscle relaxer the doctors prescribed to me. Not that it ever worked for me. Anyway, I had a few deep tissue massages after the shot to help loosen the muscles in my leg. It helped somewhat. Now, the pain is back. I have to take Advil 400 mg every four to five hours to perform everyday tasks. I cant sleep more than four hours because I wake up in horrible pain. Then I have to lay in bed in pain crying out until the medication works about a hour later. When I get out of bed in the morning I scream out in pain. I'm just really worried of my kids constantly seeing me in pain or crying. I'm loosing hope! I have an appointment for another injection this Friday. But I dont want to depend on those for the rest of my life and I know all this advil is dangerous. SORRY for the long rant, but my family doesnt understand how painful sciatica is and Im feeling depressed. Please help! Oh, and the doctor said my herinated disk could could be caused from just picking up my children the wrong way. I never started PT due to the pain.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone

i am new to writing in forums but i am going insane with the pain. I am 31 years old and have suffered with back pain for the last 16 years. i have had to fight for treatment every step of the way, i even had to argue with a consultant that i believed my disc was pressing my nerve and thats why i had sciatic pain. It took me around a year to get a MRI which showed my disc was touching my nerve!! i have exhausted medication and i am currently trying to get second nerve block injection but british NHS is saying they wont fund it. I am in so much pain day in day out. I am looking into the disc decompression surgery but im not sure if i will be able to get the NHS to do that so im looking to go private. sorry for the rant im just wanting to talk to people that understand what i mean, as when i say i have back and sciatic pain, people just dont understand how much it effects your life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.