So much ankle pain and I need help ;(

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had ongoing issues with my ankles from skiing and doing other outdoor activities. After many times of not being able to take the pain and nobody seeming to have the same problem, I came here. I am very flat footed, therefore when I put pressure on my feet, even from just standing still my ankles tilt in and I then have no support. Based on that, whilst skiing the ankle tilt puts extreme pressure on the inner ankle bone (might I add that I have extremely boney ankles) and I can't take it anymore. I have tried inner soles to support my arches better and I won't say it did nothing, but it didn't do as much to eliminate pain. Please help I'm still young and I want to ski without pain. Thank you to anyone who responds!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

maybe a podiatrist and have custom insoles

• Posted

Thank you very much I will most likely take a brace of some sort into concern. Also, custom insoles like you said would be a good route.
  • Posted

Hi,

Not sure exactly what kind of pain you're having but you mentioned that you have flat feet and pain on the inside, so the first thing that popped in my head was posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Very common for people who have flat feet. Other than that I'm not sure. I hope this helps. Also, you can get a theraband to strengthen you ankles.

Good Luck!

• Posted

Hello and thank you for your response. I think it will come down to a ankle brace of some sort. I believe the source of the pain is pressure from boots or shoes. Because like I said when I ankles tilt in the pressure point is moved in and my shoes or boots don't really allow for that. The ankle brace will probably be my best choice to help with support to take off pressure. I'll get back to you once I see how that goes. Thanks again!

• Posted

You need to see a doctor to have xrays and definitely an MRI. I have flat feet and ankle was tilting in and had to have it reconstructed from tendons being shredded from years of over use. Not that your is the same but something has been torn for ankle to tillt in. And yes the pain is like knives being shoved into your foot. So please see someone soon, you are young and the sooner you get it repaired the better your will be. Hang in there and get some insight on what is going on
    • Posted

Thank you for your response! I feel that as of right now it could be a issue with ankle support so I will probably try out ankle braces and see what fits me best. If they don't help then I most certainly will take your route of X-rays/MRI's to get this situation sorted out as soon as possible! Thank you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.