So much confusion, help! CP?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello everyone! I'm new to this website and hoping to gain some form of clarity about my situation, you all seem like such resilient and strong people!

For background: I'm a 27 year old caucasian male, I have completely stopped drinking, but even before that id only drink roughly 10 days out of the year. I was a smoker for about 8 years but quit cold turkey.

For roughly the past 5-6 years i have been dealing with this constant 24/7 dull discomfort underneath my right rib cage, radiating to my back between my right shoulder blade and my spine. if i press down on my abdomen there is definite tenderness, only discomfort if not pressed on. The discomfort has never been unbearable unless i go and press on that loation, but i have noticed these bouts where i become completely sensitive to fatty or greasy foods, wherein about 15-20 minutes after eating i develop a nagging pain at about a 3-4/10, i become anxious, i start belching and bloating terribly. The feeling is quite difficult to describe but absolutely makes me want to avoid my next meal. my stools fluctuate between normal and abnormal. In the last week my stools have been pale colored like a clayish beige tone, sometimes float and dont really smell awful per se, but im not sure... it's poop lol! anyway, my appetite is not totally gone but has definitely taken a big hit in the last two weeks, ive lost some weight.

As far as tests go, i did a quick review and found SLIGHTLY elevated lipase and amylase tests (about 20 units over) from 2015 that were not really discussed with me at the time, so i decided to go to the ER 3 days ago given this new bout of yuckiness. I advised the docs of my fear of chronic pancreatitis and they performed an ultrasound and an abdominal CT scan with contrast (i must say my stomach was not empty and i worry about whether they got a clear image). Both tests indicate the pancreas, gall bladder and liver within normal limits.

Everyone, I am at my absolute wit's end with this.. I'm crippled with anxiety over this and would love some thoughts/commentary... anything would help. Thank you all for your time in advance.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

mine all sounds about the same, except... I don't have a gallbladder & I had none of these issues prior to its removal. Literally 3 days after gallbladder surgery on 1/29/20 I had my first episode/attack & they have continued... standard tests don't really show anything & they don't seem to want to look any further. These attacks that i have vary in many different ways.. I may have 2 or 3 in a day & not have another for a week. I might have 1 a day for several days. The epidsode can be as short as 2-3 minutes or sometimes they last upwards of 30 minutes. Those are the worst, very nauseous, clammy & sweaty with excrutiating pain. You can actually see a knot in my stomach. Of course these never happen when I a at the doctor!!

• Posted

hello

i have pain too (usually tenderness rather than pain on its own) in abdomen at belly button level (mostly to the right)

i get middle abdomen tenderness sometimes when i eat a lot

i also have mild discomfort right below left ribs

sometimes i get pain in abdominal belt area but last couple of minutes only

my stools break down in toilette but rarely float

liver and pancreas blood tests normal, elastase elastase as well, and abdominal ultrasound normal as well

i also burp a lot lol

any ideas please? 😃

thank you

• Posted

Any progress for you? I have managed to convince Dr. to do a Liver function test to check bilirubin levels as slight eye yellowing under eyelids.

• Posted

Are you under the NHS in UK? I have had a sequence of bloody stools each followed with yellow then yellowish (occasionally floating). My stools have never returned to the darker brown but look OKish but lighter and often soft. Dr says all scans and blood test OK except lipase levels down slightly. He said give it couple of months. I do get aches around back/side but difficult to separate them from sciatica. BUT I have had short attacks of fatigue and shakes which on Google suggests blood sugar level thus insulin levels out of kilter.

Interested in your latest thoughts and investigations. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.