So much pain in lower back

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have had pain on right side of lower back on and off for a while now but lately it is getting unbearable as minute the pain starts when i clean or carry anything then my knee also aches such a throbbing pain and its hard to walk. Had X-Ray while ago on back showed nothing and on my knee showed some Othioarthritis but that would not make it so painful, and it is minute back pain comes on. I could cry each time as it has stopped me working even doing pilates as i cant kneel down. Doctor has never said what it is and only ever get told to use cream and take parocentomal which does nothing. Have went to a physo but not helped. Does anyone know?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It could be anything tbh....as a fellow back sufferer for over 30 years I know and can sympathize but you should perhaps ask your GP for an MRI scan which may show up any problems like disc bulges or fractures....

You don't mention your age but you could have some mild disc degeneration causing these problems. I had an MRI and it revealed 3 fractures of my spine, 2 disc bulges and many other facet joint problems. I recently had a Denervation in UK which will help eventually but it takes a while to recover from cauterising the medial branch nerves which send pain signals to the brain...but last one I had gave me fantastic relief (about 70% reduction in pain) for almost 3 years!

So good luck with your explorations and I hope your pain will pass soon. x

• Posted

Ha i had enough bother to get an X-Ray all they say is exercise Strange thing is i always did before but since the knee pain also started so bad there is so many positions where you have to kneel on all fours and put more pressure on one leg at a time which would be to much for me also even putting pressure on opposite wrist was to much pain. I do have wear and tear in knee cap also so doesnt help but it is coming from my back pain i have been back and forward to Doctor for so long and still dont get an MRI scan and it continues to worsen

• Posted

I have had basically the same thing however I have a back stimulator that is not working for me. I have tried to give the stimulator a fair chance to help. I finally realized I have one leg longer then the other and since I have been exercising has helped. At least I don’t walk around the house with one shoe on an the other off. lolol

check and make sure your legs are the same length.

• Posted

You could ask your doctor to refer you to orthapedic and ask them for a pain block injection to see if that would help !!!

• Posted

Never heard of those and now each day is getting so much worse i could live with it before and now all of a sudden after cleaning as i do that for a living i just burst into tears and before i could take one co- codamal and was okay, now in last week pain is unbearable and dont know why. I make it thro few hours but then walking to bus stop i am scared cant make it never known pain like it back and knee dont know what is worse only that i cant suffer this much longer and the doctors i see dont seem to believe me as when i go into see them they dont see me day by day when sat crying in pain. Thank you for your answers and i pray something is done as before i had normal life and in matter of weeks i cant do nothing, thanks

• Posted

Hi I am going through this at the moment so I empathesise with you. I get the pain on both sides of my lower back and it is so severe now I have to use a stick. The co-codamol the doctor prescribed does nothing even doubling it up and paracetomol doesn't either.

I have been to physio twice and been given another set of exercises to do which are making it worse so have had to stop them. I will be going back again shortly as apparently if exercises aren't working then it is possible I might be able to see a consultant who has the clout to order more tests. I can't even get a back x-ray as the physio said I don't need one. She reckoned it is a degenerative conditions and likely osteoarthritis. Which doesn't help me at all!

I presume you are in the UK? If so keep going back to NHS physio until they agree to refer you to a consultant. I am going to do this. x

• Posted

You seem to be going thro the same right enough as Co-codomal does nothing for me now which is scary, and also the fact that physio does just keep giving exercises to do which i always felt is needed as i know i need to strenghing back muscles and needed them but same as you i am in far to much pain afterwards and each time i say so he will give me more sometimes i feel he doesnt believe me in the end the last time i just said yes its better cause was no point to keep going as wasnt helping, but yes after what you say i will keep going and i will just tell the truth. The doctor did say i would not get a knee transplant dont know if that is cause it did show some osteoarthritis on knee cap but does this cause the pain so much i dont know. I always thought because i was keeping on the move and doing my cleaning jobs would keep me fit but it seems its done more harm then which is bad as i dont want to sit around and enjoy what i do. If i could just know the problem with my back i think that is causing both to be painful. A physio said was SI joint then another said Sciatica weird. Thank you for geting in touch

margaret

• Posted

I have had quite a few MRIs and they all show the same thing, My back has bulges and degen disk..

also the spine is closed in the L5 ares the last time they were going to replace the disk and add a new one but the current disk are grown into the spine so they took the screws out and said they did not think i would live through removing them also they were afraid it would fall apart . So I have desided to take my chances and have the stimulator removed asap. i'll keep everyone posted

• Posted

I have had quite a few MRIs and they all show the same thing, My back has bulges and degen disk..

also the spine is closed in the L5 ares the last time they were going to replace the disk and add a new one but the current disk are grown into the spine so they took the screws out and said they did not think i would live through removing them also they were afraid it would fall apart . So I have desided to take my chances and have the stimulator removed asap. i'll keep everyone posted

• Posted

• Posted

OH My God Scary and you think you are getting help didnt know this could happen. Sorry i do hope all is okay for you Suzie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.