So overwhelmed !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well ladies I’ve only posted on here maybe once but wanted to get some advice. I’m almost 52 and just had more blood work done. I go to an ND and he’s not cheap, well nvm that lol. I took an genetic test to see if I wanted to get on something I would know what would work best. I also had my hormones checked again.  Ready ladies!! My estrogen was at 378 and my pro was at .05. My worst symptom really is horrible anxiety and I’ve been getting sick a lot sad. He wants me to go on 100 mg progesterone and also getting on Buspar which my body will be ok with and I can go off and on without side effects and non addicting for anxiety. Oh and my periods are horrid!! Messing up my floor 😩

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patty

All that i can say is....Hang on to your seat and get ready for the ride!

If I were to guess i would say that your estrogen is slowly diminishing, and your going through the last phases of cycling. (low progesterone is common now at your age)

Im glad that you are on a med that is going to help with anxiety. Ive tried a few things but nothing works. I dont know what buspar is but will look it up.

Before i went into this nightmare- right before i had a bleeding frenzy that lasted for 30 days straight, it was ridiculous. Never had that before, then came no periods, and thats how its been ever since.

Wishing you the best, im here

xoxoxo

• Posted

Thank you !! Don’t really know a lot of women on here but I’ve been reading posts and WOW!! All I can say is we are strong and beautiful 😘.  How long have you been going through this? And are you better?

• Posted

I would like to say im better but i have a ways yet. Im probably in the middle. 

I went through perimenopause maybe 5 yrs, in my late 40's and its been one year of menopause. im 53.

Very difficult. I think we are all different though.

You maybe breeze through it, others it takes a bit longer.

Let me know your doing..always good to support and have support.

xoxo

• Posted

Hi Patty,

I can not speak for the Progesterone, but I do take Buspar and a low dosage of Prozac.  For me, he anxiety and dizzy spells have been the worst part of all of this.  I can't say that Buspar is a wonder drug, but with the Prozac it makes my anxiety completely manageable.  I was getting to the point that I did not want to leave my home!  Now, I function pretty well.

• Posted

Thanks Karen ! I always get so nervous when starting a new med. I’ll be starting it up this weekend so my husband will be around Incase I get some of the side effects which is dizziness.  Did you have any side effects? And so glad you’re feeling better with your anxietysmile
    • Posted

I did not have any side effects at all from the Buspar.  I really don't see you having any trouble with it.  With the peri, I am very prone to dizzy spells and did not have any problems with that.  I really hope it works for you.  I know what a struggle it can be trying to function with anxiety.  I really did not want to leave my home unless I had to!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.