So scared.

Posted , 15 users are following.

I've been down with shingles for 13 weeks, I'm scared that's it's not ever going to go away I'm on medication that is not doing me any good at all the pain and the burning it's just too much I see my doctor in a week there has to sum relief, my pain is underarm, shoulder blade, and goes right to my breast, I can't tell you how much pain I'm in, And it's the beginning of summre and believe me it's hot , I'm trying to stay as cool as I can, so if there is any advise out there please share, thanks

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Linda

I am sorry you are going through this!  First of all you have to stay calm and try to not be stress out!  

Have you taken anti vitals with the 72 hours of the rash?  Zovirax was the one I took in February and that is almost four months now!  I have another mild bout and hope you don’t have to go through this!  As you can see in this forum many people are suffering this disease!  Some people only get one attack and their over!  But many here get reoccurrence and years do go by!

PHN can stay with us for a while and other have it for years!  Eat healthy and a diet on lysine is helpful!  Stay away from nuts and chocolate!

Hope you do get better and let me know if you have taken any anti viral ok!

Myrna

• Posted

Linda

You are doing ok!  Be calm and eat healthy!  I felt just as you are feeling right now!  The great people here as help me very much with this!  We have to be calm and this will ease!  The burning is the worse!  I will be going back soon in two weeks back and I will also request more meds for this second bout even though it’s mild!  Hope you feel better as well!

Mine is on the scalp BTW

Myrna 

• Posted

Hi Linda

Could I suggest a Post Herpetic Neuralgia topical mixture for pain and itch relief.

I have been suffering PHN now for 3.5 years, and find this mixture removes the need for strong analgesics which have a harmful long term affect on the body.

The formula for this mixture is :

250 grams of Invite Vitamin E Cream. ( It does not form a skin with continued use ).

Two 5 gram tubes of Aciclovir anti-viral Cream. Sold as a Cold Sore Cream in Australia  

65 grams of Dencorub Heat Gel ( 26% Methyl Salicylate & 7% Menthol.)

Alternatively, use Dencorub Arthritis Cream if close to the eyes.

Mix thoroughly and apply sparingly to the pain and itch areas, as required for relief.

Kind Regards, Ray.

• Posted

Hello Linda

First I suggest that this virus feeds on our stress!  There are people here that has it for years! I have had it for 4 months now!  It started in February and last week I had another mild bout!  I say the same thing! The burning and the itch is terrible!  Did you take the anti viral within the 72 hours required?

But cold compressors help to relief the burning and itching as well!  Eat the right foods and stay away of nuts and chocolate because they trigger shingles! 

With a right diet and being positive can help!

There are good people here who are eating the right foods and are getting better without pain or meds!

Hope you feel better and this info can help you get better!

Myrna

• Posted

Hello Linda

Keep the high lysine diet like I said before and be calmmmm!

Do you plan to get the new vaccine?  I haven’t gotten any but with the diet I am starting to feel a bit better!  Still get some pain but it does take some time!  A friend here took her about a year and she now takes no meds and she has not had pain or itching for a whole year!  She hasn’t gotten any vaccine so I guess that the diet does work!  Be calm and don’t let it get to you,  you get the shingles instead!

Myrna

• Posted

Hope you are feeling better. I am now recovering from shingles for the 8th or 9th time right now. I have lost count. I am so discouraged. Doctor tells me I have a suppressed auto immune system...so what is wrong?  I was going for the vaccine the day I broke out and waiting for this to clear up to try again, although I am a little worried about getting the vaccine. I am told there is no live virus in it so I should be ok. I have been doctoring for about 3 years for a strange illness that effects my muscles around hips and legs. Not lupus, not Lyme. Tested positive for HLA-B27 which indicates auto immune issues. Meeting with primary on Monday to discuss referral to Rheumatologist. She doesn’t feel that is the way to go. So sad and discouraged. I try to remind myself there are people a lot worse off than myself. Anyway, thought maybe someone may have some advice on this forum. Thanks. 
  • Posted

Try vinegar with the mother. It helps a lot. Just dab it on with cotton balls. I have had shingles 8 or 9 times now. Trying to get through it now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.