So scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on Cit for nearly 2 years for anxiety & depression. I started on 20mg then went up to 40mg & gradually I improved & although I wouldn't say I was back to my normal self I was loads better. So gradually lowered my dosage to 10mg which I was very proud of, but unfortunately it has all returned. Really bad anxiety in the morning with the shake's sickness no appetite racing brain etc , I have now increased to 20mg & hoping this will be enough to help me get back to feeling better. I really thought I had beat this dreadful condition & as I have always been strong I feel so weak & ashamed that I can't beat it I have no real problems in my life for me to feel this way I also worry for my husband who must find it hard to understand stand what has happened to the fun outgoing woman he married. It's so scary to think that I have to rely on Meds to survive. Has this happened to anyone else out there & how are they. Thanks guys for any support you can give as I know how you are all generous with your support having called on you before X

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda I’ve been on 20 mg for 11 months thought I might be able to drop but down to 10 but last wk had a blip.so I’m afraid to wean myself off.i don’t have any reason but my anxiety it just came out of  the blue.
  • Posted

Hi there, I’m going through exactly the same, I was on 5mg last autumn felt good and planned to come off this year but I’ve crashed since early jan. back to 20 mg now feeling dreadful in the morning, sick, fatigued and bad sleep. Partially the Side effects of the increased dose. I think now I need to accept I’ll be on these for a long time. In many ways we should consider it to be the same as my wife’s thyroxine tabs she takes every day. If she doesn’t she it really Ill . stick with it. Best 
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind words . I think you are right and I just have to accept that I need the meds to keep me stable and not think that I am weak as a. Person for this. So I am going to just accept the help they give me and enjoy my life. After all if you have a cut you put a sticky plaster on it and that is what the meds are. Thanks again and all the best to you
  • Posted

I was on 40mg for a few years and came off them. I was fine for a year then my anxiety got worse. I'm now back on them and currently on 30mg. I am thinking of going up to 40mg again. If I have to take these meds for the rest of my life so be it. I never want to feel that way again. My Dr said if you need to take them then take them. It's not the end of the world. As long as you feel well and are happy then do it. Take care

• Posted

Joanne I was same.aon 40 for five years absolutely feeling great no anxiety or OCD then weaned off during my pregnancy with no trouble and it came back two years later so bad.I am back on 40!I was in forty four eight to nine weeks this past July I started and after nine weeks or so was dipping badly so doc upped me to 60 for 14 weeks and started having lots of troubles so she dropped me to 40 and been on that again for a week!Do you feel it is working again second time around!Does it take longer?
    • Posted

Hi. It's definitely working but it did take longer this time and the side effects were worse than before. Whether it's because our body has been used to it or it's more resistant I don't know. I would say it took a good 8 weeks to start to see a difference. Does you Dr think you need to stick with it or maybe try a diffent AD?? Have you been given anything else to help. I had a brief course of diazepam and it really helped me. It wasn't a high dose and I was able to taper off them easily.

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words. Yes you are totally correct. I have to accept that if they make me feel better that it does not make me a weak person and just take them and start to enjoy my life. If you have a cut you use a plaster and they are a plaster for your brain. Thanks again and all the best to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.