So scared

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there. First off I know I need to stop reading the internet. Too scary! I'm 57 and haven't had a period in years. Started bleeding and backache. I went for vag ultrasound and she did a biopsy right away due to thick uterine wall. Still waiting on results. I'm beside myself with worry.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi, I think it's terrible nobody has answered your post by now, considering how nervous you obviously are.

If it makes you feel any better, I was about a year and a half, maybe two years after no periods and I ended up getting one. I think it lasted a day, maybe two, tops.

I was beyond thrilled, I thought my periods were coming back and it wasn't menopause after all. (I miss my periods, I loved them because they were so predictable.)

Anyway, I never went to the doc or anything. Was hoping it would be a regular period but then it just stopped.

That was about a year and a half ago.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it to a female doc somewhere along the way, and she just sorta nodded her head, like so what.

Never had any tests done, never did anything.

And if bleeding ever does come back, I'm still not gonna do anything and just pretend I got my periods back!

Don't let the Internet or other women bully you into thinking anything or doing anything or worrying.

Also, back pain is pretty common in menopause.. I'd say I've had lower back pain for years since I started The Change, esp when I sleep on my stomach. And my entire tailbone seems to be sticking out too, I don't know if it's always been like that but it's like my upper butt has these 3 huge bones showing 😂🤔 caught a glimpse of it in the mirror the other day. Who knows.

Anyway, if you read the post above/below this one, you'll see postmenopausal bleeding does indeed happen. Happened to me, and I did nothing.

Try not to worry and Happy Holidays!

• Posted

Im the exact same 52 and had a biopsy booked in to have polyps removed Wednesday and have been googling all day, need to stop it, sorry I'm not much help feel your worry jane

• Edited

Hey There, Stef...

I sincerely hope, ALL is well, regarding your health. If you haven't already, PRAY regarding your situation, you need some form of relief to quiet your nerves. That being said, ALL three stages of menopause can be very tricky, period! Our bodies are navigating their way through these NATURAL stages of our lives, and we womenfolk have to UNFORTUNATELY endure what I call a rollercoaster of emotions, uncertainties, anxieties, food cravings, intrusive thoughts, stiff and achy joints, depression, outbursts, itching, headaches, cold flashes/hot flashes, numbness, cray-cray thoughts, nightmares, brittle fingernails, adult acne, aches & pains, rib cage pains, shifting teeth, etc.. So I say this to you, Stef: Do the things that bring some pockets of JOY & PEACE to your life, and remember to drink plenty of H20; you have the power to navigate your own ship, you are the captain! OMT: Frequent this site for ALL things menopausal; these women on this forum are brutally honest, kind, insightful, empathetic, compassionate and they will help you get to the other side of normality. I am VERY grateful for this forum, it has helped me through a lot of BADDD menopausal days! And on that note, be well, my menopausal sistah.

• Posted

Hi Stefanie,

My sister had a similar situation. She had scans and a biopsy, and all came back normal. She was glad for peace of mind that she went to confirm.

Praying your results will also be confirmation that there's no cause for concern.

Sara

• Posted

Hello Stefanie,

I have been where you are and I understand your fear. I hope you have received your results and all is well. Prayers for you.

GOD Bless

• Posted

Worry is just awful, I hope.your procedure went ok and that all is well. I've read other similar posts and everything was good x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.