So scared and nervous about my PIP assessment on Thursday

Posted , 9 users are following.

Morning all,

I write this in complete fear of Thursday.

I have had an assessment before when i was a child when i received DLA but i didnt have to go to a centre, it was at my house and i had to show my walking distance.

This time im going it alone and do not know what to expect.

Im very embarrassed about my condition, Achondroplasia (Dwarfism) so having to speak about it to a stranger and how it effects me in my everyday life is very shameful and upsetting for me.

Does anyone know what i am to expect? My assessment is in Langley.

Thank you.

Regards,

Natalie

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Fo those of you who cannot remember what you wrote on your PIP2, phone DWP and ask them to print off a copy and post it to you.
  • Posted

Hi Natalie how did it go, I hope they treated you with respect and it went better than you thought it was going too.

• Posted

Hi,

I think it went well thank you. Soon as I got there I was OK. I got there early so was seen early. I had to do a physical test which I don't think she was happy with... she wanted me to grip my hands together behind my back... Obviously my arms don't even go behind my back. She wanted me to get onto like a GP bed type thing but it was way too high up, while she was doing the physical test she was talking to me on her knees which was a lil weird. Thank you for asking, just a waiting game now.

• Posted

I think those are standard test, I had similar at home but due to RA I also can't do them but I did do my best but you obviously wouldn't have been able to, you should have said can you give me a leg up when she asked you to get on couch LOL or she could have bent down and let you climb on her back, glad it wasn't to bad, did say it wouldn't be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.