so scared I have IBS!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Since october of last year, i have loose/watery stool. this was on and off for a few weeks. When these bouts happened, I would get intestinal cramping with the urgancy to use the bathroom once. Then it went away completely. I ended up seeing a dr and she did an exam and said my symptoms were not enough to conduct an xray or ct because it was only happening for one day then go away. She said maybe IBS but also could be my anxiety as i have it bad everyday.

in the last 6 months, i have had watery stool 3 times or so. cramping mild and always goes away after one movement, ive looked up ibs symptoms and they do not match me. for example, in january i had the sudden urge to use the bathroom with abdominal cramps and in an hour, it went away. Then i am completely normal for two months. Then last time I had a bout of watery stool was a month ago without cramps or pain, again went away.

my dr said, call when you are in constant pain and cant stop going to the bathroom.

is this IBS or just something from chronic anxiety? I find that if i relax more, the symptoms go away and the less i worry, the less it shows. My ex has ibs and he was always in constant pain for a long time. That is not what i am going through. I think the anxiety of maybe having it is worse than the actual symptoms.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

why scared of IBS in the first place..... ?

and for me it does sound like one....

be strong and positive

• Posted

There are far worse things in life than IBS so stop worrying. If you had it, it would be a permanent

inconvenience. Sounds more like you are reacting to something, usually food that you only eat now and again so start keeping a food diary and pin it down and then stop eating it!

Happy hunting!

Lea

• Posted

food is not bothersome. i can eat whatever i want and have no issues. this happens at random.

• Posted

I was able to eat anything except walnuts and aspirin until the strange sensations and diarrhea. We eat a mix of foods each day therefore pinning it down wasn't easy. It turned out to be all berries, even just one or two with no immediate reaction and of course meanwhile I'd eaten other things.

Since then I have developed the same reaction to all sugar to some degree (no diabetes) gluten, oddly enough, salt so I do have some experience in this area

• Posted

the problem i have is, i have gone 3

months without any issues and i have eaten fruits, nuts, healthy stuff to unhealthy like fatty foods and i dont feel or experience anything. so its hard to pinpoint what is triggering it. also, lets say i eat eggs or whatever..the next day ill have watery stool. then i will have eggs again and nothing will happen. so i have no idea

• Posted

Hi Katie,

I would suggest getting tested for H Pylori infection.

I had this a few years ago and had similar symptoms to what you have described.

Regards

Mark

• Posted

i asked my dr for tests and she said i dont see a reason to do anything bc it just sounds you get loose stool once a couple of weeks to months.

• Posted

Mark,

What happened with your lymph nodes issues ? I have this swelling and little bit of pain that comes and goes away randomly

• Posted

You might want to get a second opinion preferably by a gastroenterologist.

• Posted

i did call another dr and they said, unless you have severe pain and cant stop going to the bathroom, then we will take a further look, which had not happened.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.