So scared, I think I am going to die now.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have this fear of alien chestbursters, and I believe I am going to die in a horible way now. I am scared, lonley, and I am going to die from bleeding out... I am so convinced that this isn't anxiety and I am so scared.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I am sitting down and crying now, hoping that it won't happen...
  • Posted

Brandon this is nothing new. You have been posting these same messages for a while now but you won't speak to your parents about it, and you seem determined not to go to the doctor who can and will help you.

Everyone on this forum is trying to help you by giving you very sound advice but you are paying no attention to anything that we say.

Ok then, what exactly do you think will help you?

• Posted

The problem is Brandon I am beginning to believe that you are being treated by a doctor and are being medicated, but what you are doing on this forum is seeking attention.

If this is true, then what you do have to understand is that the people on this forum will gradually lose interest in you, and maybe nobody will reply to you in the end.

The way around this problem is to convince us that you really are doing something about your problem, like talking to your parents about it and going to see your doctor.

• Posted

If nothing will help you then you're a lost cause, you might as well find a cave and go there and wait for it to happen, which it won't of course.  Sounds like you've been watching too many alien films as I don't know where you would have got the idea that things are going to burst out of you.  Why not try Googling "how many people have died from alien chestburters" and see what answers you get,  the answer is none of course.

From what I gather from the other message you are wallowing in your fear about aliens and won't take any advice., Sorry to sound so unsympathetic but this is such a ridiculous idea that you are wasting your life worrying about fictional things.  Why don't you go out and experience FACTUAL things instead, find a hobby, go out with friends, anything to take your mind off something that will NEVER happen.  I'm afraid it sounds as if you've got too much time on your hands and, if  you don't stop those thought then you're likely to make yourself REALLY ill.  Instead of thinking of dying that way why don't you turn yourself into a superhero and fight the aliens and say you're not going to be taken over by one of them if that's what will get rid of that ridiculous idea about alien chestbursters.

• Posted

Hi Brandon, People are trying to help you please listen and take some advice, you need to help yourself, nobody can do it for you.
  • Posted

I have been taking advice, and I am seeing a therapist and I have been for multiple months and the fears still won't go away. Every single pain I feel in my chest I think an alien is going to pop out of it. Maybe I am a lost cause then.
    • Posted

Brandon, you are only a lost cause it that's what you want to be.

Just try to understand that what you are feeling is not real.

There are no aliens and no chestbusters, these are all figments of your very active imagination.

I REPEAT - NOT REAL.

Just do something that you enjoy doing such as listening to your music and relax.

• Posted

" Brandon, you are only a lost cause it that's what you want to be. " You sound like my parents...
    • Posted

Sorry that was a typo. Don't know what went wrong there - I must be tired.

It should have read 'Brandon you sound like a lost cause, is that what you want to be'? 

• Posted

This is no way for anyone to live, there is help out there..you must be honest and see a professional! Don't suffer life is too short..I wish you peace

• Posted

Oh Brandon, you need to try and change your thinking if you can. Your winding yourself up so much. The fear obviously feels very frightening and overwhelming. Write down why you think you have focused on this particular fear and then write down the likelihood of it actually happening. Perhaps you have developed this particular fear in response to some other stress or something else difficult going on in your life.

When I was a teenager I had similar fears about say things I saw in films or read about. Take care.

• Posted

I just wish there was some way to get these fears out of my head....
  • Posted

I feel like I am slowely killing myself over this fear.. Ever pain is just an alien popping out of my head. It sounds SOOO dumb when I say it out loud. It is so real though, and reading people saying how dumb it is also just helps me out a lot so I can come back to my senses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.