So scared - leukemia symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I have always seemed to get bruises easily but even more so lately. I get random ones, sometimes quite big pop up on my legs, quite often round the back of the leg- which seems an odd place to appear. At the moment I have quite a lot of these random bruises, no explanation and only on my legs.

I have also been getting random mouth/gum bleeding. Sometimes it’s only when I brush my teeth but on more than one occasion I have had it happen all of a sudden on its own. I could just be sitting there and taste blood and have a small amount coming from somewhere in my mouth.

I was mildly concerned about these symptoms, but have been so distracted with things going on in the family at the moment that I wasn’t too worried... until last night when I noticed that I have what looks like a small area of Petechiae on the top of my right shoulder! symptoms point to leukemia.

My last blood test was ages ago back in March 😦

I will of course be trying to get a drs appointment tomorrow, but am so worried.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.