So Scared!!! Please Help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive been trying to fall asleep all night. I almost fell asleep a few times but right before falling asleep  I would jerk awake in fear. I finally got to sleep and then woke up feeling like I had passed out or something. Now I feel so weird. I can't describe it but my legs and feet are numb and tingly.  I tried standing up and was wobble. My hands are tinglt too, I feel like I'm going to vomit. My chest feels undesscribable,  I honestly feel like my breathing is labored. My heart rate is through the roof and on general it doesn't feel like its snxiety. It feels like something else. Do any of you ever think your anxiety is something else but it isn't? Should I go to the ER? I'm so scared right now. I haven't been so scared in a long time. Somebody please help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun I know exactly how you feel iv been like this for a few weeks I feel mentally and physically ill through it I was so convinced my heart pain wasn't anxiety I genuinely thought it was a heart attack the pain and shortness of breath I felt was unreal! I went to the accident and emergency room on 5 separate occasions so convinced that I was having a heart attack that they did ecgs and blood tests but every thing was fine! I still get the pain and shortness of breath but according to the doctors its anxiety well I never thought anxiety could cause that much paom! I can assure you that 9/10 it is anxiety it is such a horrible feeling and wouldn't wish it on anybody I really hope you feel better soom and take comfort knowing that you are not om your own I know exactly how you feel best thing to do go see your gp and hopefully they will prescribe you some anxiety medication I wish you well let me know how you get on take care laura
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. I needed a chat desperately. I to can't imagine how the heck anxiety could possibly cause all this. I also say if I had the power to wish anxiety on anybody, I wouldn't wish it on my own enemy. I'm on snxiety meds. My therapist has been on vacation and I haven't seen her in 2 weeks or so. I think that's why I'm getting bad again. I'm doing better than when I woke up. But I still feel super funny. I'm scared to go to sleep, which sucks because sleep should be relaxing. I'm scared my anxuety will never end and I will live like this the rest of my life 
    • Posted

No thats absolutely fine im exactly the same I still am not convinced after having tests and ecgs that there missing something its absolutely horrible I think as well when the pain and palpitations come that its not anxiety its heart attack or something I was so scared of going to sleep in case I didn't wake up again iv just started slowly breathing inro a paper bag but it doesn't help that much I just wish I could do something to stop soon as your therapist comes back go have another chat with her but once again try and reassure yourself its nit your heart I know it's hard not to because I can't even take my own advice but hopefully it helps you.  Im here if you need a chat hun its hard but we will beat it one day smile
  • Posted

Hi Whitney i felt the same a couple of weeks ago i would just be drifting off to sleep and id jolt forward gasping like as if something had affected my breathing and i would struggle to sleep because everytime i would drift off i would feel uneasy inside my chest and feel like im gonna stop breathing. Ive not felt like this all week ive slept fine so i reckon i was just more anxious hence why my chest was racing a lot or felt to slow although it wasnt. I would say go back to your gp if it continues but i would give it a chance to settle i know its hard but most likely is all anxiety x
    • Posted

I get this a hell of a lot. I Have put it down to being anxious whilst trying to go to sleep and when I'm anxious I'm aware of everything. So I can feel myself falling asleep and I panic and snap out of it. Before you felt anxious you probably never notice what happens to your body when you fall asleep. When You fall asleep your body relaxes and sometimes I get startled because my legs feel like jelly and I panic that I can't feel them etc. It is anxiety, it's nothing else but anxiety. Focus on tour breathing breathe in, hold it and breathe out. Maybe watch a film or listen to some music to distract you when you go to sleep. x
    • Posted

I have that  on many occasions, this anxiety comes in peaks and troughs, i can feel fairly normal for a few days then one morning i wake up and its back, i have learnt now not to think everything will be ok because i never know when its going to strike. That dropping off to sleep and jolting awake is a horrible feeling. Another experience i have is a twilight sleep, i feel as if i,ve been awake but i must have slept some because the hours go by quite quick.

• Posted

I have the chest pain and shortness of breath now I feel someone is sat on my chest but it comes and goes sad I just need to get it out my head its nothing to do with my heart but I just can't
  • Posted

Hi I get very similar things that have been napping to me not sure if it's anxiety or what but when I try to lay down to sleep I get pains in my cheat and my heart rate seems to increase when I'm about to fall asleep I jolt awake like I can't breathe and it scares the crap out of me you're not alone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.