So sick of this

Posted , 5 users are following.

since last Tuesday my tinnitus has be there getting me stressed usaully it goes away after I clean out ear wax but not this time. 

I just want it to stop 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've had Tinnitus for 23 years, I know how you feel, I don't want to upset you but the longer it lasts I reckon the least chance of it stopping, but I hope it does stop for you, try to ignore it, I know that sounds stupid but you really have to, the more you concentrate on it the worse it seems.

• Posted

Agreed..good days and worse days..different sounds..all irritating..but what can ya do..nothing...just learn to drown it out with a fan, or radio or t.v. Iv had it blare so loud before when I was stressed I couldn't even hear a co worker talking to me. Freaked me out but praise God it only lasted a few moments..so I'm thankful that I don't have it that loud constantly..There is good to be thankful for..

• Posted

Hi

When I first started with Tinnitus it was like a jet engine at times, I thought how can you live with this, but 23 years still here, you do habituate to it, it's all about mindset, don't see it bad which sounds stupid but the more you hate it the worse it seems to become.

• Posted

Hi

If it doesn't go you do habituate to it somewhat, it's about mindset, it's a brain thing.

• Posted

I've had a range of noises, jet engine, heap of dinner plates dropping, now for years it's a swishing whishing noise with sort of radio static thrown in.

• Posted

At peak it was lie a roaring rushing wind. Mostly it's like crickets or cicadas, and above that constant sound sometimes a shrill horn...I just try to relax until the sounds calm back dwn to the regular cicada sounds..pulsating cicadas..

• Posted

You know what I think I did I pushed ear wax in my ear with my finger trying to unblock my hearing 
  • Posted

My T started 24-11-2017 when I had my ears syringed at the local doctors surgery. In May 2018 I will start a series of consultations with an audiologist. The purpose is to retrain my brain to ignore the internal sounds. British soldiers who have been subjected to bomb explosions very often suffer with Tinnitus. Some success has been achieved by retraining their brains to ignore the noise. I expect this is the type of process that I will undergo.

After the treatment I will be happy to share my experiences with you and the rest of the sufferers. What surprises me is that an enormous number of people suffer from this malady and there does not seem to be an explanation. I think it is reasonable to assume that whatever surrounds the ear has been enflamed and damaged by the impact of loud noise and as in my case syringing. If as i suggest the channel of damage is funneled through the ear channels, there must be evidence that blood vessels are infected or inflamed, an example of cause and affect.

?Hopefully some bright young university student will research and solve this problem so we can all return to quite times. On another note I have tried "white noise" I personally prefer the patter of light rain. Try it, it might help.

?Regards

G.

• Posted

Glamour I truly hope you get relief..keep us posted if you will..wink
  • Posted

So my ear popped are in was really painful 
  • Posted

Please consider hypnotheraphy. My tinnitus was driving me mad ,I had 2 sessions and it went away for a year. I then downloaded an MP3 by Glen Harold which worked brilliantly and use this occasionally if I need to.  One thing Imhave found out is that I have Low vitamin B12 and have to have 3 monthly injections ,I have noticed when the time is coming up to the next one that my tinnitus plays up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.