So sick of this horrible reflux

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ive posted several times before, but lately this reflux is driving me to distraction.

Ive had it now for almost two years with very little relief. On omeprazole twice a day 20mg

does anyone else suffer facial pain and headaches from it, this is my current problem and

also feeling like im choking a lot of the time, im so sick of it all, so many symptoms daily

not to speak of the constant worry about what damage may be happening, any advice would be great

Kate

4 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

No advice, but I'm in tye same boat... Feels entirely hopeless .

• Posted

Try taking gaviscon and Zantac. The Zantac really helped me even tho I am on rabeprazole
  • Posted

i am also suffering like you choking feeling, kidney pain , headaches everyday. there are lots of side effect of this med . what symptoms you have without them?
    • Posted

Hi Susan

I feel like I'm being choked most of day, sometime I have stomach pain, pain between shoulder blades, burning in my chest bone, nausea, a constant feeling as if my stomach is beep used upwards, jaw pain, terribly tiredness, I'm due back to see GI surgeon in May

• Posted

Hi Kate. Is your hiatal hernia large? If it isn't and you get some relief from PPIs, you might be a good candidate for Stretta. Hearing a lot of success stories about it where I live. Problem is most insurers won't cover it.

• Posted

Hi Ashley, appreciate your reply, I was told my hernia is only 3cm,thatcwas two years ago, I wud love to try the Stretta, have so much pressure on n my chest today, I can feel every thing I eat going down, just hope I haven't developed something bad. I don't know where you live but I live in Ireland, not sure if I can even get Stretta here

• Posted

Thanks feeling of everything going down is due to the narrowing of the eosphaghus also called a stricture. It happened to me too. I had difficulty swallowing and could feel the food going down till my stomach. But I was able to control my reflux and it healed by itself. Now I'm on PPI maintaineance dose 20 mg per day. Doing good expect from some annoying sinus pain.

Stretta's official website gives the Stretta authorised centers.

• Posted

Just taking regular medication which seems to be doing the trick. Doc prescribed me 20 mg Rabeprazole, 25 mg levosulphride (pro kinetic drug to strengthen Les and speed up digestion) and sucralfate syrup which is acid buffer to neutralize stomach acid. Not following any diet. Still I get a little reflux at night, which may be the cause of my sinus symtoms. That's the only symtom I have.

• Posted

Hi Ashley

Tks for your reply, I will take a note of these drugs and ask my doctor to prescribe them, definitely worth a try

• Posted

Hey Kate,  I am not sure where you are from but I know here in Pittsburgh and a lot of other cities around the country there is a new procedure called the Linx.  Research it because I had awful reflux since I was 17 and now I am 32. I had the surgery about 18 months ago and starting that day I was reflux free.  Ask you Dr about it but it's the best thing you can do for yourself and getting off those meds because long term usage can do a lot of harm to the body.  Don't let the drs keep shoving that crap down your throat. 

• Posted

Hi Jason,

Tks for your reply, Im two years suffering daily symptoms and yes taking ppi, I would do the operation if I cud get a doctor to agree to do it, I've had the manometry test done but they said only night time reflux showed up, I live in Ireland so very hard to get it done

• Posted

One thing that seems to change things is stretching. Have you tried that? Stretching torso, of couse, but even legs and shoulder stretches seems to help. If anything, it makes things work more smoothly overall. I like to find a stretch I can do while resting. I find unless you stretch something for at least 30m, you don't get much change.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.