so so scared. feeling anxious and out of control of my body

Posted , 3 users are following.

Haven't posted for a while. Have suffered for a long time with panic attacks and a fear of dying. 

Things have been better lately until  this last week and especially  tonight.  It started when i was driving home from work. Suddenly I came across all funny and it felt like an out of body experience i didn't feel like me. I really thought that was it....Thought something was happening to me and I would just die and crash. Managed to get home aafter pulling over. Rest of the evening I've felt very uneasy and now laying in bed my heart feels like it's skipping a beat every now and then coming and going but its very noticeable very hard thud in the chest. 

I'm so scared

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Kerry

You did well to pull over and you are safe at home now. I get the skipped heartbeats too and the thumping heart that seems to thump through my entire body. It is panic and it will pass. Do you think you need some medication to calm you or do you think some rest and support from those who know how panic attacks feel will get you through this?

Just try to ride through it. You have done all the right things.

• Posted

Thank you

I have tried some medication but unfortunately anxiety makes me think stupid things so i struggle with meds. I do definitely need rest that's a big issue for me at the moment I've hardly slept and then the anxiety gets worse so then I darent go to sleep through fear of not waking up  I can't win at the moment

Thank you for your reply xx

• Posted

Hi Kerry

Panic attacks are exhausting, so yeah, try to pass out into slumber for a while and give yourself that needed break.  Let me know how you are feeling later. take care my sweet. xx

• Posted

Hey Kerry sounds like your a tought girl wow, good for you . Anyone that has to deal with that is a tought person, it is people that dont understand what you have to deal with that are the loser if they give yu ha hard time which is not wright, I do feel bad for you good luck and your not a lone I have GAD it is simmular.
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies. I had a fairly good night's sleep last night and woke feeling better about  things but had another rough night this evening. Feel really spaced out and keep getting tight chest feeling, numbness in hands, shortness of breath. All signs of anxiety. All signs I've had before and know somewhere deep down there's nothing to worry about yet I can't help but think what if...what if it is something. what if it actually is serious. I hate this feeling I just want to feel well again sad 
  • Posted

Hi Kerry

Its a horrible feeling and while you find it hard to believe, you wont stay feeling like this all night. It is sure to ease and you will fall asleep from all the tension. Tomorrow you may get right through the day without feeling the anxiety, but if you do, then remember it will ease and just try to focus on that. Its harder to still your mind than your body, so just try to relax your body, and your mind will follow. All the very best and keep in touch because I know how scary it feels and I hope it helps to share with someone who has felt your fear.

Big hug xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.