SO SO SCARED PLEASE HELP.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am so scared I am dying from an infection. My tooth fell out a few months ago and ever since I have not had any real pain at all. But there seems to be a little bit of swelling behind where the tooth used to be. I have googled and I have convinced myself it is spreading to my brain and heart and I can not stop having panic attacks over it. I don't have insurance and haven't been to the doctor.

Please help me, am I dying??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Krissy,

So sorry to hear you are feeling so distressed over your dental problem.

The trouble with 'Googling' any medical condition is that it is so easy to convince yourself that you are suffereing from the very worst form of whatever it is you are suffering from.

If your tooth has fallen out, as you say, and you have no pain or other symptoms then I should think that, in time, any swelling that you have will disappear. I doubt very much that you have anything to worry about regarding an infection spreading to your brain or heart, this is rare.

Of course should the 'swelling' get worse or painful I would suggest a visit to a dentist.

Just give your body time to settle down and try not to worry. Worry only makes any medical condition appear worse than it is.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Stop reading medical text books and googling diseases and illnesses.   It's a know fact that people who google or read the many different diseases and ilnesses convince themselves they have symptoms.   And go see a Doctor for Pete's sake.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.