so,soo, confused Fat or low fat?

Posted , 3 users are following.

[color=blue:424864e4a1]I understand from all your posts you must eat has near to your fat as possible,my doctor does not think that is so,my head is cabbaged with it Do i ? or dont i ? please help me.x[/color:424864e4a1]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

like you i have read and heard different things, i have been on the blueys for 9 weeks now and i have tried upping my fat intake to 30g as recommended by some people here, i personally did not find it beneficial and my doctor said so long as i am healthy then its fine to eat less fat, on average i have about 18g a day, on the other hand there are people on here who have added a few nuts to their diet to up the intake to 30g and its worked well for them, i think maybe you should try each option and see what works for you smile
  • Posted

Thanks sparkles for your reply yes i think i will have to experiment,cheers julie x
  • Posted

the key to this whole orlistat game is to remember that everyone is individual and not everything works the same for everyone, its trial and error so give it all a go and see what works for you smile
  • Posted

I go by the manufacturer's advice - they researched this drug, they market it, they should be the experts.

http://www.mapassist.co.uk/portal/eipf/united_kingdom/uk_portal/mapassist/index

BUT everyone is individual. The physiology books say we need 20g of fat, but that is an average. It's like the average resting heart rate is 78 beats per minute, but when I worked in cardiology (a previous life many years ago) we used 60-100 bpm at rest as a norm.

I think the maxim \"as long as you are healthy\" applies - I take a multivitamin just in case I don't have enough fat to metabolise vitamins (like that's going to happen).

Just keep an eye out for night blindness or dry flaky skin.

Our bodies are fantastic at keeping everything running even in extreme circumstances.

• Posted

[color=blue:132f9b1630]Thanks guys for all your help i will try my very best,but i am going on holiday for 3 wks next wk so it will be a bit of a guessing game with my meals i will just try not to have too much fat,the last thing i want is the accidents...lol i will be back on when i get back,Good luck to all you guys hope you do very well..... smile xxxx[/color:132f9b1630]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.