So stressful just applying for p.i.p

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well l have now completed my form gathered as much evidence as l could got statements from my gp and surgeon and my husband done one to.

Never fekt so stressed just appying for something. I have had a text to say they have received it and l may be called for a face to face assesment but they would let me know.

I feel more like l am applying for my right to live than a benifit for my disabiliy. I realise they have to be strick and make sure the right people are entitled but it does not help if you are anxious and stressed already. Surely if you provide statements from your gp and sugeon and oćcupatinal health who acessed me recently for my blue badge this would be enough but they are making it such a hard thing to apply for it must make people iĺl just applying for it. Well l am just waiting now see what happens next.

Laura x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Laura.for what it's worth I agree with every word you say. it's awful how they make you feel. in my opinion it's done deliberately to make you feel isolated. that or I'm a miserable s*d who doesn't know his backside from his elbow. anyway, take heart, your not alone. sounds like you got a good husband to me, which goes a long way. you sound a well organised unit. keep up your good work. I hope it works well for you. don't forget "don't let the s*ds grind you down". all the best Ivan.x

• Posted

p.s. Laura

I probably am a miserable s*d, by the way often get out of bed the wrong side this morning as we say where I live... when I can get out of bed you understand. as I say good luck with the claim.same to your other half. Ivan.

• Posted

There is a chance you won't have a F2F but considering the level of your disability you should be a shoo in even if you do face an assessment.

From the DWP's perspective they have a duty to both the public purse (which pays for PIP) and to all those who have already had F2F assessments.

It would be unfair on those who have already been through the assessment system if the DWP simply started waving through claimant's who had never been assessed.

Where I would draw the line is after an initial assessment when a claimant is identified with a condition which is not going to improve and therefore the likelihood is their care needs and mobility will not change.

In that event the assessments should stop and allow the claimant to get on with their lives. IMO the need to reassess such people every few years amounts to disability harassment and I just wish someone would challenge this in the courts.

• Posted

If the DWP did that for all claimants the government would not make the savings they expect. Your suggestion, which I entirely agree with, is carried out it would make PIP look like DLA where most on an indefinite award had no further contact with the DWP.

​PIP was set up from the start to make life uncomfortable for claimants using the argument that those on DLA were left for years with no checks being made.

​I am sure that if enough pressure is put on claimants they will eventually not bother to make the claim in the first place or if they do, will not appeal against a poor decision.

• Posted

Sadly there is a lot of truth in what you say Les. There is definately an element of grinding down claimants hoping they will simply give up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.