So the PIP review letter has arrived

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, as advised on here earlier my review letter has arrived when Denise said it would i.e. six months before my claim expires.

It seems pretty straight forward but if there any tips or insights into how best to fill this form in I'd be very appreciative.

To be truthful the only thing that has changed is the fact that in August I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer. I had the surgery in September and have just finished the adjuvant therapy, but I imagine a cancer diagnosis changes nothing?

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI,

I'm really sorry i've only just seen your post, how strange.

I'm sorry to hear about the cancer. Unfortunately it doesn't change anything unless it's terminal, with less than a 6 month diagnosis. Remember PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. You must also have had the condition for at least 3 months and expect it to last at least another 9 months.

When filling out the form you should treat it as a new claim and put as much information as possible about how those conditions affect you. Adding a few real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Make sure you send evidence to support your claim, even if you sent it last time. They very rarely contact anyone for this. Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them. Good luck.

• Posted

Ahh, I posted it back yesterday Denise. Yes I realise the cancer will make no difference as far as diagnosis goes but it has, does and will do for some time affect how I do things, so I have tried to explain that in as much detail as I can. I sometimes think they just don't realise how side effects from surgery can impact on a persons life for example the side effects of brachytherapy which can continue for more than nine months in most cases. The form quite clearly states not to send any evidence you have sent previously, so I have only sent new evidence. Yes, I am expecting another assessment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.