So this is 8!

Posted , 8 users are following.

i was diagnosed eight weeks ago via ct scan. Given Cipro and flagyl for two weeks. Did the required fluids, low residue diet etc. Diarrhea has been constant the whole time. Continued after antibiotics were finished. Some left sided discomfort but no raised temperature.  Just had repeat blood work done this week. No sign of infection. If I take Imodium every day I can get relief from the diarrhea. If I stop taking it I am back to  4 to 8 bm per day.  Stool samples sent to lab yesterday. What I eat does not seem to matter, I have the diarrhea no matter what the food.

anyone have any thoughts as to whether this is still diverticulitis or maybe something else??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you been tested for C-Dif? That comes to mind.
    • Posted

Centersj

yes that is one of the tests in progress. However my understanding of this is that I would feel  Ill and run a fever and then my white cell count would be raised. Is it possible to have it without all these symptoms?

• Posted

Yes. A previous girlfriend of mine had C-dif. The only symptoms she had was severe diarrhea and abdominal pain off and on. It took several weeks to get it under control. In her case she never had fever or severely elevated white blood count. Hers was discovered during colonoscopy.
  • Posted

Sounds like the antibiotics. They cause biotic imbalance in the gut and you can have diharrea for weeks. My solution was to eat lots of probiotic yogourt which helped. Simple but it worked. My

Pharmacist told me to. 

• Posted

Antibiotics can cause CDIFF...Is it water or just mussy soft? 
    • Posted

@crosado8. It is some times just mushy and sometimes just water.

@mtwok I am taking a probiotic and also eating probiotic yoghurt

• Posted

Get a Probiotic... start there for now.  Your intestines are playing havoc on you.  They should help.  Ask pharmacist. I took Florestor!  It really help me get back to normal.
  • Posted

Hi A, what my GI doctor told me is to go on a high fiber diet as soon as you can.  It will help to firm up the bowels and stop residual pain.  I am beginning to see results from this.  I was diagnosed 5/10 with a 2 cm abscess which antibiotics cleared up thankfully.  I now eat high fiber (beans, fruits, veggies mainly) and can finally say that while I still have some minimal daily cramping, I do not have daily diarrhea anymore.

Rose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.