So tired all the time!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, i am based in London, England. i have had an under active thyroid for ages now. been diagnose with it for more than a year. i get headaches all the time, mostly every day. the main problem is that i am so tired all the time! i am on 75 mg of levothyroxine but nothing is working, been on this more than a year and a half i believe. anyone else having the same problem? i am literally so tired all the time, i have no energy for anything! upping the doses just dont work for me, honestly i am so tired all day everyday! what is going on!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leah

Maybe because we need T3 and T4 and levothyroxine just produces T4. Naturally our thyroid would be able to sort out this delicate balance as T4 is converted into the T3 we need but it seems this does not work as levothyroxine is synthetic. take a look at an article from 2015 "new study reveals why 1 in 6 hypothyroid patients still feel bad on levothythyroxine". Perhaps your Dr may like to look into this. magnesium supplementation may also help with energy levels especially. ☺

• Posted

It just so happens that o am experiencing the EXACT same problems as you. My TSH has been below 1 for ages and still feel rubbish. My muscles ache with the slightest use, i am exhausted all the time and i am no fun to be around at all. Levothyroxine dosnt seam to be working for me other than to bring my tsh down. I have literally just got home from a private consultation with and endocrinologist.. He has given me a private prescription for ERFA Thyroid. Said that some people dont get on with levo and that this usually helps. Gonna cost me each month but i have to try. Ask your gp if he/she will give you a private script. NHS will ONLY fund levo so your're on your own with having to fund it.

• Posted

I have been taking 200mg Levothyroxine now for about 2 years but it does not seem to be having much impact. I am 56. When I visit my doctor I am sent for a blood test and am told my bloods are fine but I have all the symptoms of underactive thyroid

extreme fatigue

muscle aches

muscle weakness

inability to concentrate

cramps

Flushed face

slow movements and thoughts

Weight gain

I have no resistance to alcohol.

Interestingly I dont mind the cold.

Is there anyone else who is taking the correct treatment and still has the symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.