So Tired - Can't Sleep

Posted , 9 users are following.

Oh without sleep how do we cope?  I am struggling

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

have you tried getting a sleeping pill from your doctor. It could help to get your mind and body some rest then you would be better able to cope with the day.
  • Posted

It takes lots of practice to cope without sleep, havn't slept properly for years but still manage to function most of the time luckily. Although definitely not functioning on full capacity. I try temazepam from time to time, seems to help a bit. Over the past 2 weeks I've alsmost pulled out on a couple of cars...not good. I have to drive my kids to school & it does add to my anxiety of having a car accident. had a couple of accidents in 5 years from being exhausted & on meds that made me sleepy.
  • Posted

I'm on Mirtazapin and that helps with sleep. I was also suffering real bad with anxiety which stopped me sleeping. I've slept great every night since starting mirt 9 weeks ago xxx
    • Posted

hey I started taking this medication today smile I am in deep depression I dont want to talk to anyone or socialize, I just want to go back home and waste my life on pc. You think its right medication for that purpose? 

• Posted

I hate redundancy, but have you tried exercise, intense exercise? Or like me, having a young dog thats driving me nuts who makes me exhausted. Yes I have some anxiety, always thinking of "off the wall" thoughts, but between walking this hound from hell, and working out, oh yeah, being 77 the combination makes me look forward to resing my head on a pillow, and crashing.

Seriously if your body has been put through a few hours a day of serious excerise, not just walking, or doing a few crunches, you should be able to get some much needed sleep. 

• Posted

Hi Anne, I have tried Nytol herbal pills in the past which can help.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Bought some Quiet Night tablets from Superdrug yesterday and took two last night.  Says take hour before bed.  Took them two hours before and I went to bed at 10pm.  Still awake at 1am.  I did sleep eventually,but got up 4 times in night to go to bathroom even though I did not drink after 6pm!!

I feel hungover this morning, even on those herbal pills.  I cannot take piils doctor prescribes because I would not function at all next day.  My body very sensitive to drugs.

• Posted

Hi Anne,

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping. I have had the same problem for many years. Has a doctor found the cause of you not sleeping? (I appreciate you're on an anxiety forum) Is it a new development for you? 

The cause of mine I now know is anxiety. I'm pretty new to understanding all of this but I think that looking at the cause should be where to start.

Also, if you don't like pills then try lavender oil. Sprinkle a few drops onto a hanky by your bed. I was quite sceptical about it because of so many years without sleep but it helped me drift off more often than not. I haven't quite figured out the staying asleep bit yet though.  But perhaps if you get a good start then the rest will follow

• Posted

Yes I do sprinkle Lavendar oil on my pillow Victoria.  Lovely smell.  Breathe it in deeply.

No need to go to doctor abouyt not sleeping well.  I am old so do not have to go to work.  Had depression for a long, long time.  Not on anti depressants now.  They did not help me sleep.  Do not want to take prescribed sleeping pills.  Taking herbal pills.  Anxiety not too bad at the moment.

Yes the staying asleep is a problem.  Bless you for answering.

• Posted

Hiya Anne, I can sympathise with you, this lack of sleep malarkey is a pain in the butt, have you tried listening to some relaxation cds? There are a few really good ones on you tube, I find them quite helpful at times, its worth a try, take care smile xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.