So tired I can't sleep!!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all, i know alot of us have sleeping problems but mine have escalated.... I'm sure I am headed into menopause, coming out of peri, my symptoms are changing, not for the better unfortunately... I literally do not sleep all night right now, then I am so cloudy that i can't think strait my memory is terrible and it is very scary, my brain just goes around in circles at night thinking about everything... And i cannot make it stop... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS??? its just a viscous cycle the more you dont sleep the worse you get, and the fatigue is of the charts....❤️❤️❤️

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hi beverly, have you tried magnesium (tablets and cream) at night? That may help. I do resort to benadryl some nights. A friend of mine has started taking cbd drops before bed and she said her sleep is much better.

• Posted

Hi kim, ate a gummy last nite, My mind would not shut off afterwards, Im always afraid to try something else, does that have to be Specifically for sleep when you get it???

• Edited

Oh dear you poor thing - i have battled with insomnia, but i eventually do fall asleep - try valerian root supplement - can get @ heath food stores. Be sure not to take any other sleep aid with it or alcohol - i hope it does the trick- i also take epsom salt baths with lavendar before bed - it helps calm me - good luck!

• Posted

hi debra,,, thanks for reminding me about the baths, my girlfriend takes one every nite know i now why,, i do take melatonin but will try valerian! Do find that works better I thought it was'nt as strong!!

• Posted

oh also, i forgot to say this...the naturopath told me to not look at TV, Computer screens or phones an hour before bedtime (that could be bath time) & your bedroom should be completely dark, not even a nightlight & when you get up to go to the potty (if you do) do not turn on the light - try & sleep with a sleeping mask as well - when i couldnt sleep before, i used to get up & look at my phone (bad idea) the light stimulates the brain - also, its important to get out in the sunshine during the day, it helps regulate your internal clock -

• Posted

WILL DO!!! thank you Debra

• Posted

😢me to and im ten yrs post menopause..can sleep 4/5/6 hrs a night then it goes down to 2 and then i start sleeping alternate nights..its crazy and then i can sleep 12 hrs ...

• Posted

I can totally understand..I am experiencing the same thing..my mind just wonders, forgetting things..cannot sleep due to the fact wondering and worrying about everything....I see this post is about 12 months ago..can you offer me any advice on what you did to help..thanks and hope things have gotten better🙏

• Posted

hi Charlotte - i am sorry you are having these issues, try taking a hot epsom salt bath with lavendar before bed - put lavendar oil on all pulse points & bottom of your feet & take 400 ml of Magnesium glycinate before bed & if you wake up to go potty, dont turn on lights or electronics, go right back to bed - Also, are you getting quality exposure to sunlight during the day? Sun exposures helps with your circadium cycle -

• Posted

Progesterone can help with all your problems. If you can not use progesterone cream then maybe look into melatonin or some kind of prescription drug. Sorry I know this is HORRIBLE!!!!! The lower your hormones get the worse it will become. I will be praying for you.

• Posted

Sorry for being so negative please forgive me. I have just seen a lot lately with post menopausal women and they are only getting worse not better. I have become so tried of all of this. Please forgive me for being negative. I am sure you will get better not worse. It has been a rough week my cousin just took her own life and I am sure it was all hormone related because her mother took her life 50 years ago form postpartum depression after her baby brother was born. Again I am sorry and I will be praying for you.

• Posted

Hi I go through phases of this I'm on one at the moment, literally can be tired out get into bed and wide awake putting world to rights, only thing I've found that helped me was a couple of cups of chamomile tea in the evening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.