So tired it's ridiculous - constantly feel tired, any advice?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same with this tiredness. Sometimes I will be fine then all of a sudden my eyes will want to close for around 5 mins then I will be fine. I'm always yawning and fall asleep a lot more if I simply lie down or watch TV. I haven't changed the times in which I go to bed recently so I'm not losing sleep, I've tried going to bed earlier but it makes no difference. It's making getting up for work really difficult. Any ideas how to help? Much appreciated.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brooke.

Totally understand how you feel...today especially..plus I have a toddler.

Don't really have any advice.But its always good to drink lots of water/fluid as I find that I get really dehydrated due to losing so much fluid from the diarrhoea.

As much as I'm not always keen on water.

Sometimes I find that by having a rest on the bed/sofa around 2-3pm it gives me a bit more energy.

I don't work at the mo,but I remember really struggling to get through the days at work when I was literally nodding.

Regular small amounts of food is good too for energy.i find porridge and Weetabix ideal for slow release and easy digestion.

Overall, we are all really frustrated with the disease,cos unless you have it,people just don't understand. I'm always complaining that I'm tired!

My partner puts up with a lot.

Anyway, I'm just spouting now,sorry.

Hope some of it helps.

😃 x

• Posted

PS

You're not anaemic are u? That can make u incredibly tired and lethargic..😊

• Posted

Ask your GP to get some blood tests done to check your vitamin levels. I've had issues with low D3 and B12 so now supplement both. B vitamins especially handle energy so definately worth checking out.
    • Posted

I have bought some multivitamins recommended by my chemist, should this help? They said go to the GP if I don't feel more lively
  • Posted

Hi brooke22 fatigue is one of the main problems with bid. It's something I've had to try to accept & plan around. For example if I have a busy day then the next day I'll be wiped out. It's not the sort of tiredness that can be refreshed with an overnight sleep as well. As long as bloods ok then I'm afraid this is part of illness. I feel like I'm walking through treacle is how I describe it. 
  • Posted

Have been told it because your body is fighting the 'infection' Ibd all the time it is just the same as if you have the flu etc. If you can have a nap in the afternoon. I use to fall asleep after tea wake up have a bath fall asleep go to bed about ten and sleep all the through till the next morning and until I got ibd I was a really bad sleeper.

• Posted

Have been told it because your body is fighting the 'infection' Ibd all the time it is just the same as if you have the flu etc. If you can have a nap in the afternoon. I use to fall asleep after tea wake up have a bath fall asleep go to bed about ten and sleep all the through till the next morning and until I got ibd I was a really bad sleeper.

• Posted

If you work can you change your hours! Instead of an hour lunch I have half hour and finish half hour earlier so I am home earlier. I find that by doing lunches for the next day, tea (again eating sooner) and getting cleared away that I don't stress about falling asleep. That half hour makes a big difference. Also all the interruptions at night with bathroom visits can't remember the last night that I slept through. I get up earlier to allow for the bathroom visits in the morning but am lucky that I only have myself toget ready and out the house. It can be really hard toget people to understand as alot if the time you don't look ill as they don't see the symptoms I now refuse to do any lifting etc as I will bleed more the next day almost as if you are putting stress on the stomach and knocking scabs of any parts that may be healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.