So tired of being worried all the time.

Posted , 3 users are following.

The last few weeks I have very nervous that I have a heart problem due to sleep apnea and that I am going to have a cardiac arrest. I went to the doctor last week and got an EKG/ECG and everything was fine and I have a sleep study consultation next Tuesday. I was doing good for a couple of days until yesterday when I went running and now my heart has been beating fast and I have even had some slight pain not on my heart but around it. I am so scared I am afraid to sleep at night and I am so tired of fearing for my life. Has anyone experienced this before? it is so frustrating. Should I be worried? Thanks so much.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have a sleep apnea appointment next week as well, at Guys Hospital in London, Wednesday to pick up one of their oximeters, then I see them on Friday.

Good Luck. 

• Posted

Hey man I’ve been through all of this too. I have constant heart worrying - I was a little worried then went and started excercising and it freaked me out badly. I can’t find anything specific to back up my claims but I think it’s completely normal for your heart rate to be high for hours after hard excercise when you are badly out of shape. I am actually about to face my fears in a few hours and excercise hard again tonight for the first time in months.

My normal hr is 65ish resting but for a few hours after hard cardio it can be 80-90 for a few hours after cooling down. If you start to panic then it will be even higher. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.