So tired of dealing with this

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been dealing with this Bartholin cyst for to long now. I have had three surgeries dealing with the same thing then I had one to burst on its own while I was in church now it's back again, what can I do to get rid of this painful, annoying problem for good. Someone plz help me!!!!

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zina,

So sorry for the stress that this is causing you. If you go back and read some of my postings you will see my journey but what I do think might work best is to sit in a sitz bath as long as you can tolerate it and add regular salt to the water and massage the cyst/area (providing it's not painful). After trying a whole host of other remedies I took the advice/suggestion of a wonderful lady on this site. She told me of simply using the salt in the sitz bath as advised by her doctor when she was dealing with the Bartholin Cyst. I also added Apple Cider vinegar and tea tree oil to the mix. I still can't say with 100%certainty that is what worked but that was the very last thing i did/tried before the cyst came to a head. I am sure you will get other advice or ideas. I have found people to be very helpful in this forum. Hopefully you will get some relief. I am going on 4 months cyst free. Good luck and please don't be discouraged. (((Hugs)))

• Posted

Hi Corinne

A few questions:

1. How many times a day did you do the sitz bath?

2. How many weeks/months did you do it for?

3. Did you take any supplements ? Such as serrapeptase or silicea along with the sitz bath?

Thank you! I have read all of your other posts and they have been very helpful. I have had my cyst for weeks and it has been infected twice (after lancings) now that it is not infected and not painful (fingers crossed)... It's just there! That is why i have decided to follow your advice and let it be and treat it with sitz bath with table salt. You have given me hope.

• Posted

Hi Sam,

The very 1st time I had the Bartholin cyst I went to the doctor's as I had absolutely no clue what that thing was. I learned about it from my doctor that time. She lanced it and it healed very quickly. I did not even have to do the sitz bath. Fast forward 4 yrs later I did the home remedies. So the sitz bath I did 3x a day every day for 2 months straight. From August to October. I took Serrapeptase 3x a day every 3 hrs (1 hr before meals) for about 6 weeks. I started taking SILICA tablets but I stopped after someone clarified that SILICEA 30C is the supplement to take for Bartholins cyst and not SILICA tablets. I did not bother buying the silicea 30c. However, I did use the Silica spray (3 sprays under my tongue).

Honestly, I do believe the sitz bath with regular salt from your kitchen, Apple Cider vinegar and tea tree oil is what probably did the trick. I massaged it a lot whilst sitting in/on the sitz bath. I experienced no pain so could massage it.

I hope your cyst comes to a head or dissolves soon. Good luck, my sister. (((Hugs)))

• Posted

Thanks! How do you know when it comes to head? I notice a very tiny white spot next to where I have scar tissue from lancings... But I am afraid to touch it. I will just let the white spot be for now. I've also been having a tingly feeling around the cyst for a few days...no pain just an awareness that something is itchy very slightly . Again Ive been keeping my hands away unless I'm massaging it while in the sitz bath
    • Posted

Hi I read your post and as far as massaging its to painful to touch or walk. I just need relief
    • Posted

There was a white spo. Also on my. I guess that was the head because after a couple days when it first appeared, it oozed stuff from that actual spot.

About the tingling; even now after almost 4 months since I had the cyst I sometimes feel a tingling or some kind of sensation right where the cyst was. Very interesting to me. I think you're doing the right thing. Good luck.

• Posted

I'm so sorry. I don't know what else to say but keep up with the sitz bath. I really do hope you get some relief soon. Take care.
    • Posted

Thanks! I will keep my fingers crossed. Your advice has been so encouraging!! smile hugs!!
    • Posted

Corrine thanks sooo much for the advice. I have tried the sitz bath with epsom salt and the vinegar and once again its back and this is the eighth one in three years and I'm at my wits ends with this thing.
  • Posted

Hi. I can't offer much other than sympathy. Had what I thought was a BC last August then told it was a Skenes abcess. Had it removed and now told I have urethral syndrome-I also still have pain from the scar and swelling. I think with most docs it's trial and error- they don't really know. I wonder-are you a regular thrush sufferer? Unfortunately I have been and think this could hold the answer-along with possibly hormonal changes. I would look into diet, hormones and possible probiotics. I'm currently using locally applied estrogen tablets. I do hope you manage to get some relief-I really do know exactly how you feel and unless they've had this kind of problem most people don't understand. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks for your sympathy and advice. I think three surgeries would have done the trick. This is the fifth time I have had it and Im so tired of dealing with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.