So tired of feeling gross

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am so f*ing sick of being smelly down there.  I've had chronic BV for three years and been through so many rounds of antibiotics I've lost count.  It either doesnt go away or comes back in a month.  I've tried all the yogurt, hydrogen peroxide and probiotics, nothing!  I'm stuck changing out pantiliners and showering 3x a day. this f*ing sucks so bad it's making me depressed.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I bought my stuff when it was 50% off. Probiotics, vit D3, B vit w/folic acid and vit C. Take them all irally once a day and at nite insert an acidolphilus vaginally. Doesnt cure it totally but keeps the smell down a lot.
    • Posted

I will try this, I am also taking vit D, C and folic acid... you insert the whole capsule? just one?  how many nights do you do this for?
  • Posted

I'm new to this site, but I came on here to see if there was any advice on BV! im currently on the canesbalance gel treatment and it's night number 2 tonight! My disscharge have gone completely so far apart from this morning, where I had leaked a little. I'm so fed up as I only get this with my new partner every time we have sex!

I haven't had it before and now I'm refusing to have sex because of what I have to deal with the next few days...

I really hope this treatment works otherwise it's off to the sexual health clinic for me.

(The worst part is the doctors on my 5th appointment told me I don't even have BV! And it's normal disscharge! THIS CERTAINLY ISNT NORMAL!!)

• Posted

Is the canes balance prescribed or did you buy it at the store? And what is it for?
    • Posted

I'm considering doing this.. Do you recommend it?

• Posted

Hi, I've never heard of canesbalance gel, what is that? is it working for you?

• Posted

Hi Jen,

I suggest getting some blood work done to see if you are deficient in anything, especially vitamin D. Vitamin d has worked for many ladies in curing their bv when they were deficient. Also check your hormones. Hormone imbalances could be your cause for bv. If all of those all fine I suggest taking a very good strand of probiotics and natural antimicrobials to get rid of that bv biofilm. Also make sure you are not using tampons, showering with soap down there and of course wiping correctly.

• Posted

check, check and doublecheck. I am also Vit D deficient but I take a supplement...  what do you recommend for antimicrobial?  I use pads and liners and only wash the outside with soap
    • Posted

Oh good then, I take the 5000 iu d3 vitamin. right now I myself, am trying to get rid of my bv. I had a terrible itch and I got that to go away by syringing kefir up there, but it has helped me a lot, not a cure though. It's like a probiotic suppository really, it holds way more probiotic strands than yogurt. Also what I meant by antimicrobials is stuff like garlic. I know it's not appealing at all, but it has proved to work like metrodinazole without the gross side effects, if you get any. There is a study done on it, you can search it on the internet. But I don't take the garlic capsules, I just cut up a glove of garlic into tiny pieces and swallow it with water. I started and then I stopped doing that, so now I am restarting and I can record my progress if you are interested!

• Posted

Yes! please keep me posted, I will too, I just got a botttle of kefir and inserted some.  if nothing else it's soothing haha

• Posted

use hydrogen peroxide for final wash... you can splash undiluted in the whole area and flush it with water...... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.