So tired of fighting what seems to be a losing battle

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered from depression since I was young. I have been diagnosed as Bipolar Type II. I have been hospitalized both partial and complete and given all sorts of medication through the years but I always find myself back in the same hole.  Right now I am only able to get my diabetes medication because I have reached the Medicare gap in my prescription plan and cannot afford to buy my pills. Feeling so defeated and frustrated with so many decisions to make. I just want to sleep and never wake up.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I understand your feelings. I wish that this Web site would allow more open discussion of effective alternative treatments. They are out there, and legal, but hard to find. My post will be deleted if i mention it. I've personally had success with getting off antidepressants using exceptional nutrition and regular exercise.

Prescription medications can cause lots of problems. Since you've been hospitalized a time or two, you've probably gotten a variety of medications which are obviously ineffective for you.

If what you've been doing doesn't work, you must try something different. I wish you the best of luck.

• Posted

Thank you. Is there any way we can exchange emails privately to be able to discuss the alternatives you referred to?
    • Posted

You might try to look for me on Facebook, Hilary Day in Virginia and send me a friend request. Then I can respond.
  • Posted

Oh dear Alicia, I'm so sorry to hear this!

Clearly they have not found the right meds for you. There are a huge variety of choices and they all affect different people in different ways. Something will work, you just have to find out what.

One thing that is very important with depression is that you absolutely MUST get out a lot. If you like people then go to social places or join a bridge club or painting class or whatever you are interested in. If you don't like people, then walk in the woods or around public gardens or where ever. Getting out and getting exercise is vital.

I know it is impossible while sufferring depression, but the medication should make it possible. If the medication is working a bit, but you don't actually go out at least twice a week (daily is better) then before long, your meds will begin to work less well, and after a year or so, they won't work at all. Well, not in every case but in a lot of cases, and I'm guessing it is true in your case.

I hope you find the right meds, and please make sure you get out as much as possible.

Big hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.