So tired of life

Posted , 3 users are following.

I really don't know what to do anymore. I started a third job this week, just so I would be doing SOMETHING remotely productive where I'm not necessarily forcing myself to be happy. Or maybe I am, and I'm just so USED to the laws of being a retail/service person that acting cheerful has become second nature in those environments.

Within 2 days of starting this new job, I'm already a natural at it. At my primary job, I'm mostly happy and always putting on a brave face for my customers when I'm not in a good place. My original second job doesn't thrill me anymore, it's just another job and another discount, I work there 4 hours/week. When I'm commuting or around larger groups of other people, I'm able to seem happy even when my day has been s**t. Most days I look forward to coming home, yet within an hour I'm already wondering why I'm awake/alive/not at a fourth job. 

I'm depressed. Anxious. Possibly even ADD if not on the spectrum (which I am on a minimum 6 month wait list to even be assessed for ASD). I find no joy in life anymore, I don't even have interest in tasks and projects I started and never finished, in things that I used to REALLY enjoy. I feel stupid, useless, worthless... like I can't do anything right. Like nobody could ACTUALLY really love me. I'm damaged goods and will always be a doormat and never be enough. 

This negative self-view has put a serious damper on my current relationship. My fiance suffers from multiple mental health issues, but he's so used to them that it's much easier to face them. I grew up never being enough, being the stupid kid, being the one with problems.Being constantly asked if I'm on the spectrum, why I'm not smart like my brother, why I can't focus on school and keep my grades up once I passed grade 8. High school was hell; trying to find where I fit in (as it turned out, I was a fellow outcast that never really fit in everywhere). 

I constantly feel like I'm abusing my fiance. We only live together part-time (I rent a place and he comes to babysit the cats and clean), but even so I manage to consistently and repeatedly ruin things. I'm no good at cleaning so I hate to do it. I don't clean up after the cats often enough, I leave messes everywhere, it hurts his OCD. 

I'm tired. Physically, mentally, emotionally. I tear him down by tearing myself down. By blaming myself for everything. By self-sabbotaging. I work to run away, with the excuse that I'm saving for a visit. What can I do? I've been seeing a psychologist and doing CBT, even trying to distract myself into actually being happy... but I'm unhappy more often than not and can't even focus on my wedding sad 

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Wuz reading balance between copper and zinc. Not judging as i have lots of issues. The old saying feed your brain. I went on St.Johns Wort 900 mgs! What a difference in my moods. Idk, hope this helps some ??????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.