So tired of weight gain!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Do any of you lovely ladies know of anything I can take to help with perimenopausal weight gain?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I lost 30 pounds by cutting out gluten, dairy, fried food, alcohol, sugar. I drank only water.  As soon as I started adding back these things the weight came flying back on. 

• Posted

I knew that would be the answer, bye to all the good stuff😂..i need to determine what i can live without and drop some pounds..just ugh!! I need to concentrate on getting more activity and building some muscle, blah blah blah lol..If I don’t try to make light of it, I’ll cry..it’s all so much more than I ever imagined (perimenopause) So glad I found this group! Take care and know someone is always here!

• Posted

OMGoodness what do you eat?  Just kidding...  I used to be really good about water, fruits and veg but I have gotten off track with fast food and chocolate..  UGH   I really need to get back to it otherwise I will be sorry...   Really thou, how did you give up sugar-- it's a drug!!

• Posted

That sounds like deprivation. I'm not sure denying yourself all those things was any good for you. But, boy, what I would do to lose 30 pounds. How long did it take?

• Posted

It didn’t help me, I just felt worse, my endo said I wouldn’t feel better until I put on the weight again. 

But I put back the 30 pounds plus 10 more!! Ugh

It wasn’t a fun way to eat, but honestly, after awhile you don’t crave the sugar and bread anymore. You start craving salads and I even got to where I didn’t need any dressing! It took about three months when I noticed the weight was gone. And I think it took that long to see it come back on once I started eating dairy, bread, and sugar again. 

I’m watching what I eat again, but not going too crazy with it. I’m off most gluten (except for those darn croissants my daughter gave me for Mother’s Day!) and most dairy except some goat and sheep feta cheese. And I’m drinking kombucha and spring water only, with a glass of wine here and there. So far I’ve lost 5 pounds. 

I think you can do all the exercising in the world but if you don’t modify your diet, you won’t lose the weight. Eating clean (no processed foods) is the way to go. Lots of fruit and veggies. Some lean meats. 

Just don’t lose a ton of weight, estrogen is stored in fat cells. 

• Posted

I would be happy losing 10 lbs!!   It would make a huge difference with me..  Need to find the strength to stick with it because I do know that once you start eating clean, your body starts craving less junk..
    • Posted

Kelly, start with just drinking water only. Most people find this the hardest thing to do. And cut out refined sugars. Sweeten things with organic maple syrup or honey. And try and cut out some of the breads. No bagel or muffin in the morning. Eat an apple with almond butter instead. Or some gluten free oatmeal with wild blueberries (you can find these in the frozen section).
    • Posted

Thank-you!!  Yes, I used to drink almost a gallon of water a day..  Just trying to get back into it!  And yesterday I did eat a sweet potato with some syrup.  Today, I did have a spinach smoothie with oatmeal, blueberries, cinnamon and chocolate protein powder. Slowly but surely I'm getting into it.  Once I start riding my bike or swimming, I should see a difference.   : )

• Posted

According to some studies (Mayo Clinic, etc.), you can lose weight without exercise. My doc actually told me it's 90% food intake, 10% exercise. 

• Posted

I know. It’s like salad with a protein! Honestly, after awhile you don’t crave sugar anymore.

Eating clean is healthy in so many ways. But yes, really hard to do. I was so sick and desperate and the weight loss only made me sicker. 

• Posted

Gluten and dairy were causing me numerous issues.  I dropped too much weight by changing my diet and focusing on eating no preservatives for a year.  I’m in year two of the lifestyle chsnge and sugar brings back the weight for me which makes sense as I was tested allergic to sugar and have had low blood sugar levels before.  If I cut out sugar the weight just falls off me but I see as I age, I will have to stay in gym as my metabolism slows.  I attempt to eat foods in their whole state often.  I eat salads a lot and I feel better, also.  I started looking for answers due to severe chronic migraines. My hormone levels are good at the moment but I can tell they fluctuate more so I am trying to get healthy before they nosedive. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.