So today I went to my GPs

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

I posted last year and had some great support, I have been buying my head in the sand but finally plucked up the courage to see the GP again as was examined before and told they didn't see a prolapse. It never feels like I empty my bladder, and if I move positions, lean forward etc it does help. I can definitely feel a bulge when sitting and standing but it goes away when I lie down. Heavy dragging feeling and leaking urine when walking, not painful as such but uncomfortable . I had a pelvic exam, asked to cough and she said that whilst my vaginal walls were collapsing in that she didn't see a prolapse but has referred me to the gyno/urology department due to the incontinence tho, google says yes it's a prolapse but 2 gps say no, has anyone else had this ?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would just wait until you see ghyni, they should examine you stood up as well though and ask you to push, they did with me I thought this was normal exam, when I went to my docs they said I had a cystocel but ghyni said big rectocel and slight cystocel, just had rectocel repaired. X
  • Posted

Hi gps don't always see. They didn't see mine for over two years and then when they did they said it was only a mild cystocele yet when I got examined by urogynae it was a grade 2/3 rectocele yet when I had the surgery it was found to be a grade 3 rectoenterocele also found to have a grade 1 uterine prolapse so I don't know where the mild cystocele diagnosis from the gp come from!!! Wait and see how you get on at a

• Posted

Appointment, good luck. Sorry I sent the first message before I ended smile
  • Posted

My gp noticed my cystocele but gp and gynae missed my uterine prolapse until I was on the operating table, apparently it only shows up sometimes if you're examined in the left lateral position. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you all for replying, my gyno appointment is in 6 weeks so hopefully know more then
  • Posted

Hi, I'd only be examined NY a urogynacologist love.They know what to look for with regards any prolapse. Gp tendbto just fob off .mine did but I wasn't having it.

I knew as I had researched for months before.good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.