So um.. what is wrong with me?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone.

So, this all started one month ago. Out of no where, every morning, it would hurt just below my right ankle. It would go away after 5 or 10 minutes, but I just couldn't walk. No idea why this was happening. Anyways, this happened for about 4 days. I just ignored it. After that, my ankle swelled up like a baloon. For the first three days, I just applied Voltaren and iced it. After no progress, I went to the doctor. He said it was too early to tell what it was, so he prescribed some oral medication. After I took that, I felt much better and my swelling cut down quite a bit. After a few days however, my left ankle began swelling up a little, then the back of my knees began hurting a lot, then my elbows began to hurt, and then my wrist. I also began coughing quite a bit. My parents thought this was all a side effect of that medication, so they asked to stop it. I did that, but my right ankle swelled up like a balloon again. I still had a lot of tightness and pain in my other ankle, knees, elbows, and wrists. Also still had that horrible cough. Like, I had a lot of trouble walking, going to the bathroom, and showering. So I went to the doctor again (a different one), and he prescribed protnozone (however you spell it). However, I didn't immediately go for it, as I wanted to wait a bit before I went on another medication. The doctor also ordered a blood test and x ray for the right ankle. I did that, and the doctor said everything looked fine. He said they tested me for everything, and everything came out normal. So he said what I might have are symptoms of rheumatoid artharitis, without actually having the disease. He said to take either advil or aleeve, and rest, but suggested I take the pretnezone (again, sorry for the spelling). I was on advil and then aleeve that for about a week, but nothing improved. I was still in a lot of discomfort. So my parents took me to the emergency room. I had two different doctors look at me, and they think I might have triggered some muscle pains somehow. So they told me to go on the pretnezone (?). I was prescribed to be on it for 5 days. So I started that, and I literally felt cured. I hadn't felt so good in 3 weeks. So I used up the prescription, but all my joint pain, tightness, and swelling came back (swelling wasn't as intense, but it still was there). And then my coughing picked up horribly. Like I haven't coughed like this ever. At first when this started, it was a dry cough. Now I got a lot of phlegm. This morning, I coughed up some bloody phlegm. After that though, there was no blood. Seriously, this coughing is annoying the hell out of me. For a month now, I have been taking Halls, warm honey water, warm honey and ginger water, warm water with clove, and I suck on clove once in a while to give me a break from the cough. Nothing has worked so far.

So what the heck is going on? Do I have some kind of virus? I haven't traveled anywhere, I'm a healthy guy, and there is no family history of any kind of disease. All of this happened to me suddenly on January 26th. Nothing has changed. Only the swelling has decreased on both ankles but the pain and tightness is still strong there, and elsewhere the places I mentioned

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Also I'm 26 years old.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.