So very over this.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just a vent post!

I will be 53 in July. My last period was in July of last year. Last week I had some mild cramping on my left side - kind of like I would have if I were ovulating. The past few days I have alternated between feeling annoyed with everything, anxious or so sad I was crying and not really understanding why I was crying. And just a few minutes ago - I started to feel that familiar ache in my breasts.

I am not going to be a happy camper if I have another period. I just want this DONE!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I can certainly understand why you want to be done.. I'm 50 and ready myself. Yesterday I was really annoyed as well-- couldn't wait till bedtime and today I started a heavy period-- no spotting just heavy.. joy...

• Posted

ohh my friend is 56 her last period was a good 12 months ago and Dr said she was in menapause... She had her period last month so she is not in meno. She was very happy to still have it due to the aging process-- she thinks her life will go downhill once in meno.

• Posted

I hear you! I went 11, almost 12 months and then had so many symptoms and refused to acknowledge them until bam here's a period. That was in January and I've had a regular 27 day cycle since then. I really thought I was done and dusted. 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.