So worried!

Posted , 8 users are following.

For the last 8 weeks I've had blood and mucus diarrhoea most days, lots of abdominal cramps, cold sweats, nausea, vomiting, twitching feeling in my bowels, exhaustion, lack of appetite plus more! I feel pretty awful most of the time. My GP referred me last week, on an urgent referral, but I've been given an appointment for the end of June. I'm not sure i can wait til then.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Tell your doctor you can't wait that long and ask if there are any earlier appointments. Having to wait till June doesn't sound sound like an urgent referral to me. Considering you have been having vomiting, and diarrhoea with blood for eight weeks, I think you should be getting seen much sooner.Have you thought about going private?

• Posted

thankyou for your reply. If only i could afford to go private. I think i will speak to my GP again next week.

• Posted

Hi dom80331

To where has your doctor referred you?

• Posted

Hi dom80331

Excuse my ignorance but what is the BRI?

• Posted

Hi dom80331

Sorry just had a thought is it Bristol Royall Infirmary?

• Posted

Hi dom80331

In the past if i have had an urgent medical matter i have asked my doctor to send an "Expedite " letter to the hospital. Tell your doctor you need to see some one urgently as your problem is getting worse and he/she will sent the Expedite letter to BRI for them to bring your appointment forward. This is a usual procedure if you need an urgent appointment...

• Edited

ask him if theres any quicker appointments , if not ask if he can refer you to a private clinic, it's kinda pricey but that could be an option.. I had to wait 8 months for a appointment so I paid 300 pounds and got sorted 6 days later!

• Edited

get to the emergency room right now those issues are not to be messed with I've had the same thing it's very difficult to deal with I have irritable bowel syndrome and I had acid reflux but the acid reflux is gone I had a hiatal hernia it sucked so much that I cried irritable bowel syndrome is very awful and I get sick with it I've had diarrhea so bad that I would cry it hurts so much

• Edited

I've been through this with my daughter. When she has an attack like this with pain, diarrhea, mucus, etc I go for the metamucil or if the sugar/artificial sweetners hurt (they do my daughter) I buy plain psyllium husk from Amazon. This will slow down your digestive system. Eat rice if you can handle it and if not get some chicken broth until you can get to doctor. I know everybody is different but I can tell you what helps my daughter. She has IBS and she has those same symptoms so it possibly could help (not saying you have IBS, I'm not a doctor 😉). She eats rice before every meal and NEVER eats salad, fruit, anything really on an empty stomach. She eats a gluten free and dairy free diet. We stay away from sugar. Have some mint tea if you can handle it. Mint calms the gut. She eats a lot of gluten free bagels. Bread bulks up her stool or else she'll have diarrhea again.. Gluten free breads. Meats and veggies. lots of chicken bone broth. When she heals a little from an attack (I'd say a couple of months) fish oils with peppermint which I get from Target have helped a lot with the inflammation and also collagen powder. She has lots of anxiety too that comes along with IBS so she takes lots of baths to chill out. Hope doctors can help! Prayers for you! Hang in there!

• Posted

I wouldnt even wait for the doctor to refer you, i would walk straight in to A&E and tell them whats been going on. They will run tests accordingly but no way would i be waiting until June for answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.