So worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I'm so worried. Basically I had severe bloody diarrhoea for a week going toilet over 20 times a day in december. I had a stool sample in January and my calprotectin levels were greater then 6000. I had a colonoscopy that showed inflammation in small bowel. No evidence of cancer. I was told I either have infection or crones they weren't sure but infection was ruled out. I've now waited 3 months and still no diagnosis. Dr called me today who spoke to a consultant about it. The consultant said I need to be soon as soon as possible as my colproctectin levels were extremely high. The Dr said I mite need to have another colonoscopy incase they missed something.. Now im wondering if I have Cancer and its been missed? She said she's never seen calprotectin that high before. Would a result this high indicate cancer? I don't understand why I need to have another colonoscopy. She said to see if any improvement in the bowel but I only had it 4 weeks ago. Could cancer be missed? Wen I asked her about it being cancer she asked if I lost any weight. I'm going out of my mind with worry. Why the sudden urgency?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly, it could be one or the other. I think they should do another colonoscopy. Fingers crossed it's not cancer.

• Posted

Thanks. Cancer has been ruled out on first colonoscopy but having another one I have to wonder why. They said its either crohns or UC but also said to do colonoscopy in case they haven't missed anything. Its bizarre as I don't currently have symptoms of crohns and that's why I'm more worried about it being cancer as the symptom's can be subtle. I suppose no news is good news and I'll just have to wait.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.