So worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! I’m 33 years old and was just told I have a complex 11cm cyst on my right ovary. I had a CT a scan and ultrasound and am told it “looks” like fluid but I have to have an MRI on Thursday. 

There are so many things I’m freaking out about. Cancer is the first. I lost my dad 2 years ago to cancer and it’s still very traumatic for me. I know at my age it’s most likely benign but I can’t help but worry. I have no symptoms and didn’t know it was there until it was found on a CT of my stomach when I had a stomach virus. I have no pain. 

If benign, I’m also worried about losing my ovaries. I still want a child- it’s something I think about as soon as i find the right guy hopefully soon because I’m not getting any younger. 

The doctor said she should be able to shrink it and remove laparoscopically IF all comes back ok from MRI. People keep saying I’ll “be fine” but how can they know? 

Please, any advice you have would be appreciative. I’m losing it. 

Thanks! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh and the doctor said she’s more worried about ovarian torsion and it bursting than cancer. That makes me feel like a ticking time bomb! 
  • Posted

Hi I know exactly how you are feeling right now. Late Nov I went for a checkup for kidney stones and instead I found a 7 cm cyst lying on my left ovary and last July I started to feel unbeatable pain and had to to the MRI. It says its complex cyst and my CA 125 came back 62 which is higher than a normal range. I also lost my mother in breast cancer so that was the first thing came in my mind. My doctor keep telling me it doesn't look like cancer but that didn't help. I had my lap on last Aug 20 and it was endometriosis, a severe one, and they had to removed my left tube. I still have my female reproductive organs and since Im a mom of two I don't mind losing them cuz all I want is to remove that endometriosis but they couldn't remove it all since it was so deep. My biopsy results came back all clear. It was such a huge relief for me. Now I am on Zoladex to suppress my ovaries temporarily. All I can say is you have the right to be worried but also I would like to advise you not to google anything for now. I did and it made things worse. Knowledge is power but not in this case. Since its 11 cm cyst you need to remove it for sure so try to get it of it asap. Regarding about losing the ovaries you really have to choose. If the cyst has damaged it or having it will make you suffer more in the future you need to consider the best for you. Keep us posted and good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

Oh you poor thing, I hope you’re ok. Firstly, I know it’s easier said than done but try not to think of worst case scenario and worry about the what ifs, everything will work out as it’s supposed to. Try to focus on the things you love in life while in this period of limbo. You’ll be ok. smile 

I had a laparotomy 12 weeks ago as they found a mammoth 22CM x 20CM x 18CM borderline cyst on my left ovary. I had to have my ovary and tube removed. The doctor advised that it will have little to no effect on my fertility. 

Massive cysts can share some of the cancer markers in blood tests, so please don’t be alarmed if they come through. Mine came out pretty scary and I am fine. 

Nobody can ever know that what will happen, but the only thing you can control is your focus on getting better and staying positive through this hard time.  

Not sure if this helped! But please know there’s loads of support out there for you if you need it, don’t be afraid to ask.

Take care,

Janine 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.