So worried about Hs and cancer?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have just joined this group today. I’m so happy to have found it 😀 I have suffered with this disease since I was 13, as I’m sure many others of you have.

I have learnt to manage it in as best way as possible, but at the moment I am having new symptoms which I wanted to check if anyone else had ever had?

I had a particularly nasty abscess on leg groin which left a hole for a while. I was out on flucloxacillin (normally take lymecycline long term) and thenhole did indeed clear up, but now I am left with what feels like enlarged lymph nodes next to where the hole was, which are tender and painful.

My goo says it is becaus the abscess probably never drained properly and even though the antibiotics sorted out the boil, the nasty pus is still probably under the skin. She has now put me onto tetracycline. I just really wanted to see if anyone else had this issue before with areas of tenderness after an abscess had cleared or enlarged lymph nodes? I am a terrible worrier and getting anxious thinking it may be something sinister 

Any input would be greatly appreciated xxx

P.S can you feel the tunnels under your skin? Like tendons?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Amy I’ve been suffering from hs since 12 years but got diagnosed back in 2013 I’m stage 3 I went to my derm and that was one of my main concerns if it was cancerous he told me no you should talk to your dr and ask just to make sure the only thing that helps to keep my flare ups not out of control is Humira I’ve been hospitalized 3 times before Humira first time was for a month I did 3 surgeries I was in critical condition and the. A year later my hs came back worst and I was the. Admitted for 2 weeks for antibiotics iv until Humira since 3 years but now I’m sad to say the Humira is not helping like it used to and I’m fearing I’m getting slowly back to where I was.continue research and good luck tetracycline is very good antibiotic but in America they discontinued it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.