Sober

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today I am 8 days sober from alcohol.

I miss

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

great that you have been sober for 8 days and soon one month. what is your story and why did you stop? we all have story to tell.

• Posted

Not everyone is ready too tell the story it took me 11 years just two be honest about fkd up my life had become!Give them time and know we all are here to support anyone that is willing to listen and change there ways

• Edited

8 days sober is a great starting point. Well done.

If you would like to expand on that, maybe what you miss, or how the 8 days came about, you will find this forum friendly and hopefully helpful. You could also help someone to achieve even one day sober.

• Posted

I could not agree more!

Its always important to remember a victory for the day is amazing staying sober for me just 10 min at first was a challenge but never just go cold turkey if you have been out there for weeks months or years! Just remember that this forum is all about talking too those who understand

• Edited

hey chip

what a very honest and open post. I have certainly been to hell and back with alcohol.

However, i am prove that life can be got back again. Took many years, but am where i always wanted to be. Happy in myself, love and respect from my family and able to drink socially and responsibly.

A constant and long standing member on this forum is Robin.

A total success story. I know he wont mind me mentioning him. He turned his life around and stopped drinking about 8 years ago.

It can be done, small steps first

• Edited

i have been an alcoholic since i was 16!

I had a two gram a day cocaine habit with a 5th of vodka benzo, and three ounce a week Marijuana habit a day along with a sexual addiction a new women everynight as know I have a family and I still have been in and out of boys homes treatment centers and basically instituintionalized im 35 and have a wife and a 9 year old! I have trouble holding a job and staying focused on being sober! I have been in AA,NA,SA,therapy,medications,LSD microdosing, iawasca treatment, rehabs, detoxs! And just last week after having a solid stretch of sobrity I relapesed and ive been coean again for a week and two days!

The longest I had Sober is 1 year and 2 months and 4 days! in 19 Years!

Just remember to staay the course and be open to the path in your journey the key is to find what works mine is camping, kayaking,biking,boxing, and the three most important My wife and Son and My lord and savior

• Edited

Amazing reply and so honest..i am repeating what VickyLou confirmed. Will you ever remainsober?? You were sober for more than one year which is impressive. My start was the family...newborn twins and after 13 months i gave up drinking. Had too much to loose. Wanted a more healthy life and live much longer....great to hear from you Chip. Keep us updated๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ƒ Robin

• Posted

Wow. Thank you for your story and positive response.

I wish you peace and well being.

• Posted

well my struggle is everyday, I have lost alot do to me deciding to drink but at the same time I remember growing up and I have used that as an excuse my mother abonded me at 15 I luckily had a friend that let me live in his trailor We had no running water and an extention cord for our hit plate! I would use a one gallon tide jug and a water hose ran through the window and At times blame my behavior know on my experences! I used to walk two miles to go to work at loves truck stop and had a friend that had a vehicle would some times drive me too school!

i was isolated at school they deamned me to dangerous to interact with other students because I would drink during school hours or smoke cannibus! I never talked to anyone about this but i hope my story inspires many to know that through the hard times can be good times! I remember the cold arkansas nights filled with tears and shame and general confusion of why my mother that received money from my father killing himself never even came to visit nor even came to generally ask are you ok or how i was holding up! You know looking back know all the pain and the night me and jason would wake up with ice on our blankets because the small infered heater was no match for that 10 degree weather, having to just drink so we would pretend to be warm! God I hated my mother for so long and always wondered if it was just me or was I made defective but I came to realize that know that I am 34 and still struggle with some things! I have a nice warm home and an amazing child and a Wife that loves me plenty of food and yet at times I still revert back to the story of sadness and take that drink, Life for me is hard and some days im not sure what to do but remaining present and humble helps along with prayer and forgivness! Understanding the present helps you remember the past yet you living in the past only adds to the heart ache and loss!

So in closing Ive learned to accept the things I can not change and hopefully amd learning to know the difference!

sobriety is tricky in all aspect but remaing true to yourself will help guide your heart or open the pathways to sobriety for a healthy way of living!

• Posted

what a tough life you have had. i have not heard of anything even close to such misery for 5 years here. i have the highest level of replies of anybody here and really enjoy guiding and assisting people. compared to you i had a priviledged upbringing. warm roof, good food, friends and family. your family is the key and could be your salvation. i was drinking myself to death for certain as was my father and his father, all of us hiding the bottles and pretending all is fine. myDad is dead and gone at 79 years of age but was a member ot theAA and did not drink for 16 or 17 years. good for him. think of your lovely child and wife who love you. that will assist you. my only thought in my brain is that if i have one drink it is poison and will kill me. i will then have another drink and another. it is poison to me and i will never consider even one small sip. sober since 31st december 2012 or 7 years+ regards Robin

• Edited

Hi guys.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm sorry about the uncompleted message. ๐Ÿ˜€

I was going to say, (I miss the ๐Ÿท) but then I corrected myself as I want to be positive and change my state of mind and thinking.

I want to change and look forward to the future without any regrets and therefore, as i have put my drink behind, it was my wine o'clock time and was missing it then but I thought twice and try to delete that bit.

Thank you for your welcoming messages.

I definitely will want to talk but I am still metabolising the fact that I am an alcoholic and I can't believe it.

Regards Princeblue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.