Soccer Wrist Injury

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hurt my left wrist today playing soccer. I was goalie someone on the other team kicked the ball towards me and i blocked it with my left hand and it bent backwards and my wrist started to hurt right after it happened. I sat out of the game after that and went on with my day at school and im not quite sure but i think my wrist is out if its socket slightly because i can feel a gap between my wrist and hand when i put my finger in between them. Im not sure what happened to it if anyone could help me that would be great.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I BROKE MY ARM AT THE LEFT WRIST WHEN I TRYING OUT AN AUGER AND IT KICKED BACK HARD AND FAST .  I FAVORED IT FOR A WEEK TIL THE PAIN WAS WORSE AND WENT TO THE DOC AND AN XRAY SHOWED THE BREAK.   I'M IN ACAST FOR 6 WEEKS SI I HAVE SOME IDEA OFYOUR DISCOMFORT.   THE DOC SAID I SHOULD NOT HAVE WAITED SO MY SUGGESTION FOR YOU IS TO SEE A DOC NOW BECAUSE I KNOW YOU ARE CONCERNED.   THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS THE BEST WAY TO FREEDOM SO PLEASE LOVE YOUR SWEET SELF AND TALK TO THE DOC.   WE'RE ROOTING FOR YOU
  • Posted

I hope you have told someone and had an x Ray once you have a cast on your wrist will feel a lot better and will heal within a few weeks. The xray and cast are not painful.
  • Posted

THANKS MATTHEW,  THE CAST IS HEAVY AND I STILL HAVE PAIN AFTER 10 DAYS.  IT'S A TINY BIT BETTER AND HOPING IMPROVEMENT IS STEADY TO ENCOURAGE ME.  
  • Posted

Hope by now you have had an xray. If not and it is still hurting go to A/E or see your own doctor. You dont say how old you are but if you are 16 or over you can do this without involving a parent or guardian. However I hope you have told someone. Dont neglect it as these injuries can be more complicated than you at first think. If you were playing soccer at school you should have told whoever was in charge at the time and they should have taken you to A/E.
    • Posted

YES I HAD AN XRAY AND IN A CAST FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS WITH 4 MORE TO GO.  I'M CONCERNED BECAUSE OF THE CONTINUED PAIN UNLESS IT'S NORMAL.  I WILL SEE THE DOC 4/20

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.