social anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but it's worth a shot lol. does anyone else feel extremely disconnected from everyone they know? like, at first it didn't bother me but now i'm starting to feel it in my relationship. 

Like i can have conversation with people but it's always meaningless in my head, and i don't really care much for what the other person is saying. Even some of my best friends.

I think it's so hard for me because I am a social person but i always feel like i'm being fake-not really myself, and it's starting to bother me big time! (especially because i feel like i'm getting more disconnected with my boyfriend, the one person i felt myself around) 

does anyone else feel this way and know what to do about it?? i just want to connect with people like i used to

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yea I feel that way from and I think now that I'm being treated for anxiety as a hole it is starting to help, i feel it sometimes with my wife even, and that's a terrible feeling to have but I think it's cause we have so many of our own thoughts and feelings that our brains can't really become emotionally attached or connected to others thoughts and feelings as much. I'm hoping when my anxious thoughts calm down and I get to be kinda wheee I was years ago that will subside and I can start to reconnect with family and friends in a much better way, I also feel while dealing with this anxiety crap it's much easier to fall into a depression because of that feeling of disconnection to the people and things that matter the most to us, atleast in my situation. I also feel like my fear an anxiety over death puts me into a harder position cause I almost feel like I'm keeping them from being hurt as much if that happens by keeping them at a distance in a way. I dunno I'm ready to be done with this anxiety and get back to normal so I can actually live my life again without these thoughts and feelings

• Posted

Hi.  I constantly feel like this.  People say it's just anxiety but I am convinced it's something else because I have felt like it for so long now.

• Posted

Yes I do ;-)) ... On particularly bad days I am having conversations with people at work and I'm not listening and I feel disconnected to everyone including my friends and family. I can barely manage small talk, small talk is worse for me as it's too much pressure!

I am that overwhelmed with my own misery and frantic worry I can't focus on anything else.. Im usually a really happy go lucky person and love engaging in conversation but these days I'm not paying attention, my own issues are having such a huge impact I I feel detached from everyone xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.