Social Anxiety and Depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

My 16 year old daughter suffers from social Anxiety and depression she couldn't physically face her maths exam I've been told by school if she doesn't have a doctors note I will be charged for the exam could someone give me advice on how am I supposed to get a doctor's note when she won't leave the house and won't respond to anyone please thank you

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Luka

​You should be able to get a Dr's note over the phone if her symptoms have been diagnosed. Also you can ask for a home visit due to the nature of the condition. No guarantee, but worth asking about smile

• Posted

Hello, its normal to feel withdrawn and not to go out when we have anxiety. Can u ask your family doctor to come and visit her at your place? 
  • Posted

Hi luka

IV been in your daughter shoes, Doctor is able to email a doctor note to you if you Doctor knows of your daughters anxiety, just try that,

Hope this helps.

😊

• Posted

Hi, 

You could ask for a telephone appointment and speak to the doctor on the phone and explain the situation.

However, I have a teenage daughter and if she was in this position I would physically take her to see the doctor. I would explain that whilst she may feel uncomfortable it is important that the doctor witness her symptoms of anxiety. Which is true.

My motives would be more than simply wanting the doctor to see her symptoms. I would want to teach my daughter that life can be very difficult and sometimes we simply have to do things we can't face, especially if we want help and we want to get better. I have suffered anxiety/depression all of my adult life. It also affected my brother severely, to the point that he became a recluse and eventually killed himself. That's why I wouldn't want my daughter to start thinking that the way to deal with anxiety depression is to hide away and expect the world to adjust to your symptoms.

I know people will disagree with this comment and some may think I'm completely wrong. It's simply my opinion and it's how I would react to my daughter being in this situation. It's not advice or recommendation, it's just my experience and opinion. It's something to think about and can be easily dismissed.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice and I am sorry to hear about your brother I have took her to the doctors when she has been at her worst point and she was diagnosed with social Anxiety and depression and she is getting help from CAMHS. I have managed to sort a medical note out now thank you again
    • Posted

Relieved to hear you've sorted out a medical note. I really hope your daughter gets the help she needs and starts to get better soon.

Wishing you both the very best.

• Posted

I think you need to call her pediatrician and discuss this with them immediately. They will be better able to help you.
  • Posted

Maybe call your doctor and explain whats going on. They might still write you a note. Hard situation.
    • Posted

Oh i see alls ok. Thats great.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.